Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gut bacteria and bottled vs filtered water.

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Viking, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Viking

Viking

Does anyone have any experience with using bottled water vs filtered water, particularly regarding its effects on intestinal bacteria?

I have a history of severe antibiotic induced candida / parasites / leaky gut.
    I use an inexpensive screw on tap filter.
    How effectively can these filter out potential gut bacteria disrupters like chlorine, chlorine compounds, or fluoride. ( can fluoride distrupt bacteria? )

Thanks,
    Viking

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Big Berkey filter has a flouride extra filter. Gets good ratings all around. I don't know the nature of activity, but flouride is not your friend. Bacteria and metals have a 'symbiotic' relationship. Bacteria eat metals?? Need to be eliminated in tandem. Sorry, no science links to offer you.

JAM likes this.
  3. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Inexpensive filters do not remove flouride, it is a more involved process than removing chlorine and other impurities.

See more popular forum discussions.