• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gulf War Illness, Glia, microtubules and neurodegeneration

Violeta

I found this while looking into heat shock protein, endoplasmic reticulum stress, and viruses. One thing CFS and GWI have in common. It may also mean that the heat shock protein inhibition is common to both, too. I wouldn't be able to read it if it weren't in my first language, so I'll try to find interesting parts and put them here.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3468676/

"While the etiology of CFS is presently regarded as multifactorial, prior infections—particularly viral infections—are likely major CFS triggers. In support of an infectious culprit, a study of CFS versus control subjects observed elevated titers of PKR protein and interferon, with minimal overlap of values with the control group (Vojdani et al. 2007). Elevated interferon titers were also detected in veterans ill with chronic fatigue associated with the Gulf War (Zhang et al.1999). Interferon administration itself produces fatigue and has been used as model to study CFS (personal communication, J. Jones, CDC)"

If CFS symptoms reflect an impaired Hsp state, then improving the Hsp response should improve the condition. Indeed, a nutraceutical product (ADAPT-232 forte), which combines extracts from three herbs (Eleutherococcus senticosus, Schizandra chinensis, and Rhodiola rosea), raises Hsps in response to exercise. This same agent is effective in reducing fatigue and improving performance in a placebo-controlled trial of patients with CFS

I personally find the combination of lomatium, astragalus and schizandra helpful.

Loss of stress response as a consequence of viral infection: implications for disease and therapy

Last edited:

morse27

my vaccine PANDEMRIX no contain aluminium adjuvant, only lipidic oil shark on water ,
more dangerous than aluminium for health
by mimetic process in human brain and spinal cord wich explain many disorder not know in ME /CFS illness

for men : sexual problem :impotence in relation with grow hormones.
insulin resistance..........reduction of .white and grey brain matter
severe GWS died after 7 years ( 40% of these 250 000 soldiers) by permanent coma

Violeta

my vaccine PANDEMRIX no contain aluminium adjuvant, only lipidic oil shark on water ,
more dangerous than aluminium for health
by mimetic process in human brain and spinal cord wich explain many disorder not know in ME /CFS illness

for men : sexual problem :impotence in relation with grow hormones.
insulin resistance..........reduction of .white and grey brain matter
severe GWS died after 7 years ( 40% of these 250 000 soldiers) by permanent coma

You mean that squalene is the shark oil that some people take as a supplement, and it causes those problems!!!

morse27

there will never exist treatment for GWS,we are not enough numerous to interest a research (200,000 sick people in the world).
I know what I must do in the absence of justice

Violeta

there will never exist treatment for GWS,we are not enough numerous to interest a research (200,000 sick people in the world).
I know what I must do in the absence of justice
What do you mean. What must you do?

morse27

You mean that squalene is the shark oil that some people take as a supplement, and it causes those problems!!!
shark oil by mouth is not a problem !!
shark oil in blood cause mymetic adverse reaction on your human lipidic cells in your body , brain skin, your immune system think after atack adjuvant shark oil in vaccine than all same lipidic cell in your body with same "C30 H50 "composition are enemy
all your lipidic cell C30 H50 will be destroy and made many disorder in hormon product , brain function, sexual function, skin regulation...

Violeta

Just found this:

"Some patients with autoimmune disease and allergic profiles showed trigger reactions with the reactivation of the base illness when they were vaccinated with the commonanti-influenza H1N1 vaccine, which is rich in squalene and aluminum as adjuvants."

Is it possible that your vaccine also had aluminum?

picante

Is it possible that your vaccine also had aluminum?
Mercury, but not aluminum, according to Wikipedia:
As well as the active antigen derived from A/California/7/2009 (H1N1), the vaccine contains an immunologic adjuvant AS03 which consists of DL-α-tocopherol (vitamin E), squalene and polysorbate 80.

Thiomersal (thimerosal) is added as a preservative. Being manufactured in chicken eggs, it contains trace amounts of egg proteins. Additional important non-medicinal ingredients are formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate, and sucrose.[7]

I don't know where else to look to verify this. It's difficult to find vaccine ingredients.

Violeta

Here's some info about what else mf59 contains.

"MF59 info:
"Perhaps the best known squalene-based vaccine adjuvant is MF59®. This o/w emulsion originally
included the added immunostimulant muramyl tripeptide phosphatidyl ethanolamine (MTP-PE), but
this was later taken out because of toxicity [61]. MF59® is manufactured as a 5% v/v squalene, 0.5%
w/v Tween® 80, 0.5% w/v Span® 85 emulsion in 10 mM citrate buffer at pH 6, with a particle size of
~165 nm after microfluidization [53,61]. It is generally diluted 2-fold upon mixing with the vaccine
antigen for injection. Interestingly, MF59 and other emulsions can be modified to include cationic
emulsifiers for more effective oil-adjuvant association or cell delivery [3,62]. Although MF59 is very
stable, it cannot be frozen, the squalene and surfactant components (Tween® 80 and Span® 85)"

And here's more info on As03.

https://birdflu666.wordpress.com/20...andemrix-swine-flu-vaccine-by-swedish-doctor/

Last edited:

picante

I don't know where else to look to verify this. It's difficult to find vaccine ingredients.
OK, I found the package insert at http://www.who.int/immunization_standards/vaccine_quality/Pandemrix_Package_Insert.pdf
What Pandemrix contains

Active substance:
Split influenza virus, inactivated, containing antigen
equivalent to:
A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)v-like strain (X-179A) 3.75 micrograms
per 0.5 ml dose
propagated in eggs
expressed in microgram haemagglutinin
This vaccine complies with the WHO recommendation and EU decision for the pandemic.

Adjuvant:
The vaccine contains an ‘adjuvant’ AS03 to stimulate a better response. This adjuvant contains squalene (10.69 milligrams), DL-α-tocopherol (11.86 milligrams) and polysorbate 80 (4.86 milligrams).

Other ingredients:
The other ingredients are: polysorbate 80, octoxynol 10, thiomersal, sodium chloride, disodium hydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium chloride, magnesium chloride, water for injections

It looks like that's where Wikipedia got the info. Mercury, yes, but not aluminum. EWG lists the main concern about polysorbate 80 as "contamination".

Violeta

OK, I found the package insert at

It looks like that's where Wikipedia got the info. Mercury, yes, but not aluminum. EWG lists the main concern about polysorbate 80 as "contamination".[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just a coincidence that Arsenic is a chemical element with symbol As, and tin is of course aluminum.
Did you read the link that I posted?

Last edited:

Violeta

morse27

now its possible to distinguesh ME/CFS people of ASIA sufferers (many symptom are common in these diseases , we have in comon sleep disturbance and post effort discomfort, cognitive impairement, low memory , POTS, low brain hormones production, joint and muscle pain, ............and some different symptom , i received by many MD or PhD the diagnose of ME sufferer , but no in OMI !! because they know biomarkers of ME/CFS sufferers and not mine !

Violeta

All is explain about squalene exposure or other adjuvant in this book;
this great scientist give more explanation about ME/CFS and vaccines cause
http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118663438.html

Does he talk about this? I realize this is the adjuvant that damaged you, but there is valuable information about other adjuvants that probably applies to MF59 and AS03 that they aren't telling us. Look at that last link that I posted, they mention AS01, AS02, and AS04. Where's AS03???

So what I'm saying is that I am looking for something in MF59 that contains something besides squalene and is viral or bacterial.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20429221

In either case, these antigens tend to be poorly immunogenic by themselves and vaccines containing them generally require the inclusion of potent immunological adjuvants in order to generate robust anti-tumor immune responses in humans

"Lipid A, the biologically active portion of the gram-negative bacterial cell wall constituent lipopolysaccharide (LPS), is known to possess strong immunostimulatory properties and has been evaluated for more than two decades as an adjuvant for promoting immune responses to minimally immunogenic antigens, including TAAs."