1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Guardian UK 'Scrounger Stigma puts poor people off applying for essential benefits'

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by Firestormm, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I don't know if this might best belong here. Sorry.

Published under the Guardian's 'Breadline Britain' series, this relates to a report completed by researcher's at the University of Kent. Kind of a wake-up call for some of the press and those inciteful and wrong quotes given by certain parliamentarians including Lord Freud the other day:

Not that Labour's quote was entirely straightforward I felt:

I couldn't help but wonder if that's what he felt Labour had done when they were last in power i.e. merely pretending to offer a helping hand? Perhaps it speaks of the reality of those parliamentarian's and their election winning promises? ;)

Anyway, the above article goes on and refers to the report I mentioned:

Now that article is here (phew - got there in the end folks):

They're all the bloody same. Right. Back to the Workhouse for me then chaps. 'Hi Ho. Hi Ho... to the grave I go...' What a sad ruddy country in which I live. :(

2. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    but it's ok ot wage illegal wars on lies, screw eveterans out of aid, make millions for deals made while in office, and billions are sotlen by the rrich and corproation in tax evasion
    oh yes, and wasting billions on useless nuclear weapon systems and basing them right next to scotland's two main cities
    ah huh

and THIS is the reality, Ian Duncan Smith, the architect of the UK's mini "Final Solution" on being asked about the deaths he's caused...yes, it's all ok to "get disabled peopel back into work!"
    Ends justify the means to these bastards

[​IMG]

not media is deeply in bed with this evil and manipulate such programme's to edit out as much of such as they can, liek a guy in studio who protested abotu ATOS

3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Thanks for the Question Time extract there, Silver. I'd missed that one. Was it a recent episode? Thanks.

4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    yeah it was the most recent one.
    what an arrogant git he is! :/

5. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Thanks. I must watch it. THought I had. Oh well...

See more popular forum discussions.