1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Guardian: Leaked internal memo's reveal montrous ideas for appeal charges etc.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I despair (again):

aimossy, alex3619, peggy-sue and 4 others like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    What do they want, rioting in the streets?
    aimossy, peggy-sue, leela and 3 others like this.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Yep. The police are itching to try their water cannon's. Arseholes. I often wonder if 'leaked documents' are intentionally leaked to perhaps take the sting out of something nasty - so the leak portrays the worst case scenario, and then when the policy does come it is watered down to the extent that it seems more reasonable. What I mean to say is [gods pull yourself together Russ :bang-head:], they have no intention of actually doing this but are happy to scare the crap out of people. Wouldn't put it past the twats.
    aimossy, alex3619, peggy-sue and 2 others like this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Disabled people suck at rioting. They can get truly screwed over, and just being angry about it leads to the 'militant' accusation.
    alex3619, peggy-sue, leela and 2 others like this.
  5. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
    Firestormm wrote: "I often wonder if 'leaked documents' are intentionally leaked to perhaps take the sting out of something nasty - so the leak portrays the worst case scenario, and then when the policy does come it is watered down to the extent that it seems more reasonable."

I can't recall the exact details, but somewhere - in a country outside the UK and where many people have suffered and/or died for some years now due to cuts in healthcare/safety net - a senior politician made waves by proposing a law to increase retirement age to 70 and discussing how people need to think of how to have two carreers - one for the prime of their life and then another for their senior years. The politician said this would be neccessary if people wanted proper healthcare/safety net.

And so, people began also saying just what Firestormm mentioned above that those in power propose a controversial measure so a measure of a lesser degree (their real aim) can be bargained for. There has to be a name for this scenario (from the business world?), as it's probably been going on as long as there's been humans.

I also wanted to add - and this is not a good story but one that's been etched into my mind and one which reflects the nature of benefits agencies - that there was a story about a man (and again I forget details) who had applied time and time again for support (which he legally had a right to) where he could take time from work in order to be a caretaker for his severely ill wife.

The agency repeatedly denied him, declaring his wife's illness wasn't severe enough to warrent any kind of social support, etc. And the husband kept fighting, being denied, and re-applying, etc. Until his wife died, and he said that on the day of her funeral when he came home after the funeral, there was a letter from the social agency again stating that his wife's illness was not serious enough, etc.
    leela and Valentijn like this.
  6. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    The Ukrainians have the right idea.
    As I've said, the only way to deal with scum, is to kick them and keep kicking until they give in, and if they do it again, you kick them even longer and harder next time.

These aren't politicians, they are SCUM.
    They are destroying the UK, they make Bad King John look good.
    As usual folk will flap around like chickens "Oh noes we can't say that, can't do that, they can't be that bad!" until they get their necks wrung.
    :rolleyes:
    you cannot appeal to their "Better nature" or "common sense", they don't HAVE any
    they have become Human "Black holes" they are *demons* in a certain sense, they are insatiably destructive, carnivorous and never EVER have enough or care what they do (more Tao/psychological than usual Christian concept of a "demon", but still as bloody dangerous)

zealots cannot face the idea of compassion or doubt, be it politics, religion or greed, they go into "collapsar" mode.

Guantanamo Bay showed how a nation built on rule of law and civil rights could slide right down the hell hole like that *snaps fingers* and NO most of the folk there were fitted up, you offer $5,000+ a head on "enemy" they'll grass their enemies in just for the money and revenge!)

History is repeating, "Austerity", just like Germany 1930, another UKIP councillor came out with INVOLUNTARY euthanasia crap for disabled kids, another with racist crap
    There is NO deficit it's all a LIE. they gave the bankers ludicrous sums of *PUBLIC* money instead of SLAUGHTERING the swine for high treason.
    Stuff idiots in Afghanistan, JP Morgan etc should get drone Hellfire missiles into their CEO's meetings. (oh and note the sudden number of financiers etc committing suicide in dodgy ways...serious, go check)

Occupy every government building AND bank in London and Washington, throw the sods out on their asses
    or
    prepare for horror, either bloody awful carnage of rebellion, or tyranny with extermination camps, it's inevitable
    these nutters have been digging out all the "safety catches" and supporting structures of our systems for 30 years in logarithmic progression
    from here, it's ballistic territory, on an express elevator to Hell, going down!

simple proof of this is that Ian Duncan smith said the destruction of the welfare system is a "Moral crusade", Cameron said it has brought "Hope"....as ANY real person in the UK knows, that's insanity.

NO PASARAN!!!!!!!!
    NK17 and peggy-sue like this.
  7. Jon_Tradicionali

Jon_Tradicionali Senior Member

Zogor-Ndreaj, Shkodër, Albania
    Bwahahaaaa

That's the funniest line I've read in recent times.
    peggy-sue likes this.
  8. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Hey, don't dis disabled chaos!
    diapers make much better weapons than molotive cocktails!
    *hurls poo panties like a bola, wraps around Cop's face...much barfing ensues* :p

hm, you could fit motability scooters with Boudicca-style leg chopping blades (think "Ben Hur" if ya ain't familiar with Celtic chariots), a V8 turbo engine, oil spray, smoke projectors and testicle-seeking tasers hidden behind the headlights!!
    Yes, I am Q! :ninja:
    Ren, peggy-sue and Valentijn like this.
  9. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I don't think most of that would be much good for my mobility scooter's paint job :cautious:

But I guess that's why I've got nail polish which is the same color - to cover up the little nicks, dings, and scrapes, as well as the burn marks, bullet dents and high-pressure water damage :cool:
  10. Jon_Tradicionali

Jon_Tradicionali Senior Member

Zogor-Ndreaj, Shkodër, Albania
    And who'll be the one that takes one for the team?

Me?

You?

No one....?
  11. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Firestormm, I understand your despair.

The chickens are coming home to roost in terms of western governments handouts to their cronies. Now through incompetence and mismanagement the system is broken.

Now they want to criminalise the poor and disabled because they have little power to harm the people who caused the mess (to be fair it was a government/big business collaboration).

Soon in a neighbourhood near you:

[​IMG]
    leela, Waverunner, aimossy and 3 others like this.
  12. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    The know the disabled are mostly too sick and frail to do this. Its the family of the sick and disabled who might riot though. Its deliberately targeting the vulnerable. Its very despicable. If its to save money, why are not the politicians taking a pay-cut and then freezing wages? Why not target tax evasion, especially at the large corporate end? Why not slash the military budget? The "why nots" tell part of the story.

Oh, PS, the financiers who oversaw the crisis need to be target more, or more consideration to laws that penalize them severely for when a crisis happens again ... which it will.

Something to consider - any business can be nationalized.

The surest way to see the rise of an extreme government is in response to an almost-as-extreme government. The backlash can put people in power who are even worse, just because they claim to have answers. That in part is how the current UK government got in - a claim to answers, where nearly all they had was ideological policy. What will the next UK government be like?
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    aimossy, NK17, MeSci and 1 other person like this.
  13. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I dread to think. :nervous:
  14. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Well there is absolutely no way I am voting Tory... but there isn't a lot of choice between them all really. For the first time in my life I might vote Labour. Holy crap. That is scary. But I can't abstain - not in my nature. I always think a vote should be for the MP in the area - more than for the national party - but our area is dominated really by Liberals... Humph! I am an undecided still I think.
    aimossy and alex3619 like this.
  15. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    I'm voting YES on September the 18th.:thumbsup:
    Then, when Scotland is independant, you can all move up here.:hug:

We have a population of pandas that is double the population of tory MPs here. .
    Waverunner, Bob, aimossy and 4 others like this.
  16. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
    Can I ask please what the difference is (just generally) between Labour and Liberals in UK politics.
  17. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    We don't have Labour any more. That was murdered by Tory Bliar. "New" Labour is just Tory-lite, another well-right of centre party.
    Nobody knows what Liberals are.
    At the moment, they're in bed with the tories, but have just announced they'd happily form a coalition with new labour. Anything to get jobs at the top level for the indivuiduals involved.
    aimossy and SilverbladeTE like this.
  18. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    From a US standpoint, it sounds like Tory is pretty similar to Republicans as they currently are - basically let the rich get richer and let the poor die off for the good of the country or some such. Labour sounds a bit more central, maybe it used to be like a US "independent" voter, but now swinging more toward where the Republican party used to be before it went completely nuts (Reagan republican). Liberals sound like Democrats, but probably more socialized than any US Democrat politician would admit to.
    NK17 likes this.
  19. Ren

Ren Primum Non Nocere

Potemkin Village
    Thanks, peggy-sue. / Edit: And Valentijn - we must have posted at the same time. (But I wouldn't describe US parties in those same terms. Imo, there's a lot of cultural hatred of peoples in certain regions in the US and this is perpetuated by the media, etc., which leads to inaccurate descriptions of people's motives, etc.)
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  20. user9876

user9876 Senior Member

Actually Labour are more like the democrats where as the liberal democrats are quite split but are basically supporting the Tory's in all these policies as they are part of the same coalition.
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.