Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Guardian: How I learned to cope with chronic pain

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by AndyPR, Oct 27, 2016.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

https://www.theguardian.com/society...in-learning-to-cope-remedies-health?CMP=fb_gu

2. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Ah, I don't like to be negative. In fact it's not my intention. It's just that... I did all the stuff he mentions—20 years ago. Read the same books. Was pretty good (and diligent) with meditation. But now... I don't do it much anymore. I still believe those are great books, and great approaches. But, maybe it's because they take energy I don't have anymore? Or my brain is not working as well? Or, I'm just making excuses? I have not accepted that this is the best I'll be, but I do accept that this is the way I am.

But I feel guilty for not doing the "right stuff" to have a positive attitude that might be healing. I don't know how to turn myself around again.

voner and AndyPR like this.
  3. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

My opinion? It sounds like you did all the right stuff and if that was going to cure you then it would have done. I too went through a period of thinking, if only I was more positive then I wouldn't be feeling this way, but when I saw extremely negative people with perfect health I realised that my positiveness, while a good thing for me to nurture, wasn't going to be thing that cures me. So, I now practise what I call realistic positivity - for the benefit of my mood and for the benefit of those around me I will be as positive as possible but shit also happens that I can't control, and no amount of happy will cure me of ME, so I'm, in a positive fashion, hoping that Ron can do that for me. :)

valentinelynx, Molly98 and voner like this.

See more popular forum discussions.