The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Guardian article - Why not date someone with ME? We’re tough survivors

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by harveythecat, May 13, 2016.

1. harveythecat

harveythecat

Manchester, UK
  2. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Interesting, when I did group therapy (yay PACE) we all agreed we'd never be with someone with ME, must be kinda crappy :(

3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

FYI, there was no group therapy in PACE though there has been in another trials.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  4. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

It was group therapy where we discussed PACE principles and the paper handouts had copyright PACE in the footer.

Dolphin likes this.
  5. Comet

Comet I'm Not Imaginary

How awful. :thumbdown:

Snow Leopard, Mel9 and AndyPandy like this.
  6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

But few of us have the time/energy to date.

Battery Muncher and Comet like this.
  7. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    Yeah but we can still lie on our backs and close our eyes :rofl:

Little Bluestem likes this.
  8. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Currently exhausted - got stuck on first sentence, where the author states, "I am sitting opposite my partner in the kitchen, and they have not stopped talking for the last 45 minutes." I kept wondering who the other person was that the author's partner was talking to ("they"). Who the *&^ are "they"! Oh... I finally realized it was just bad grammar, using the plural pronoun rather than say, "she" or "he." :rolleyes:

Couldn't get through the rest. Seemed like a lengthy whine blaming society for her break-up. Or, to be safe, "the author's" break-up. Really, it seems more likely that the partner wasn't into her (or him) anymore, and seeking excuses. If you love someone, you put up with that person's quirks and challenges. If you aren't in love, then if challenges aren't outweighed by benefits (great sex, cooking, $$) then the challenges become deal breakers. Whether that is ME or your politics or that you talk with your mouth full. If you are still in love, that's going to hurt. But I doubt the relationship would have survived if she (or whatever) didn't have ME. Especially as mild as her current case is.

A long way to go from a simple, annoying grammar error! :lol:

Maybe he broke up with her because of her grammar?

panckage, AndyPR and TiredSam like this.

See more popular forum discussions.