• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Guardian article by author Rosie Fletcher who has ME

natasa778

Apologies if this has already been posted. The article is on the Labour leadership race and the author mentions having ME /chronic disability and being impacted by current austerity politics

Nothing makes you left wing like a long illness. Austerity is hitting young people, the ill and women the hardest, and, unfortunately for me, I have scored that cursed hat-trick. Long-term poor health – chronic fatigue syndrome – has put me in a welfare system that cuts ever closer, an iron maiden of austerity. I think about how much each blood test would cost me without the beleaguered NHS and about tax cuts for high earners.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/23/why-young-voters-favour-jeremy-corbyn