1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Lipkin Microbiome Crowdfunding Campaign Launches!
An ambitious $1.27m international, patient-led fundraising campaign storms into action. Sasha invites you to join it!
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Growth Hormone Test and cytokine challenge test

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by globalpilot, Jul 10, 2012.

1. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I am interested in having the above 2 tests performed. I have no idea where to start to look - I am in Canada but willing to travel whereever.

Has anyone done any research into either test ? If so, I'd appreciate your insight.
  2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I got mine at Dr Klimas ( by Dr Rey) in Miami Florida.
  3. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I know that they test the IGF-1 levels which are suppose to correlate somehow to the levels of growth hormone. I was reading another atricle awhile back that recommended having another test in conjunction with IGF-1 due to the IGF-1 not being very accurate by itself. I'll look for that article and post back if I find it.

You can order these test right of the internet and you just go to a Labcorp locaion and have the blood drawn. PrivateMDLabs.com is one right of the top of my head and you get a 15% discount on your first order.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    another thing is if GH is low, its dam expensive to treat, but also improving sleep can help i guess and there xyrem but its more expensive then GH therapy.

See more popular forum discussions.