• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Growth Hormone Deficiency

I have at long last been diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency in the UK and am about to start a trial injecting. I wondered if anyone else had this experience?
Am a bit scared as I don't know about the cancer risks, and I wonder if I should fight the NHS to sort out my other issues first, such as being on the right POTS meds, sorting my sleep disorder (they claim I don't have one, when I do).
Has anyone tried it and has it helped?
Angel.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have at long last been diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency in the UK and am about to start a trial injecting. I wondered if anyone else had this experience?
Am a bit scared as I don't know about the cancer risks, and I wonder if I should fight the NHS to sort out my other issues first, such as being on the right POTS meds, sorting my sleep disorder (they claim I don't have one, when I do).
Has anyone tried it and has it helped?
Angel.

If it was me i would jump on it.
I think alot of us probably do have low growth hormone as we dont sleep properly or get the right quality of sleep, sleep is what is need for proper growth hormone. It has many functions that may ?? help fix other issues but dont know unless you try it?
Cancer risk, if they are giving you doses to bring you back to a normal level then your cancer risk would be the same as one with a normal growth hormone level. At a guess i would say that those with low gh and those with super high gh would be the ones with an increased cancer risk??

I have heard from a couple of people that said growth hormone fixed their sleep, one guy did it for 6-12 months and it fixed his sleep even when he stopped. But it seems hit and miss who it well help for sleep.

If u get it cheap or free under the health system i would have a go.

Yes am def going to give it a try, just wondered if anyone had any tips on when to take it and what to expect.
I have nothing to loose by trying it, but am doubting it will work, as my sleep disorder is my main problem. But the NHS dont seem to want to know about that *bangs head on desk*...