• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Green coffee extract for OI

Seven7

Seven
That is what I thought!!! at the same time, My BP goes up during a crash, is low when I wake up. but normal most of the day. But because it lowers BP is why I didn't try, so wondering for others experiences. Is there people with OI but high BP?

alex3619

There are indeed people with severe OI and high BP. I am one of them. There are threads devoted to this topic on these forums. This is a specific green coffee extract. I do not know how much is in regular coffee - probably little. Bye, Alex

mellster

Marco
It basically comes from unroasted (green) beans and you could make coffee with those if you can find them unroasted. In middle-eastern countries you can get coffee that is made of green beans. The main active ingredient cholorogenic acid, is supposedly a huge antioxidant, increases liver function and inhibits glucose by controlling the release of an enzyme.

Allyson

There are indeed people with severe OI and high BP. I am one of them. There are threads devoted to this topic on these forums. This is a specific green coffee extract. I do not know how much is in regular coffee - probably little. Bye, Alex

yes Alex I have OI but my BP is on hte higher side; i wondered why; thanks for the post
they base the dignosis on symptoms then rather than actual BP
I suppose one explanation could be when you stand up you get and adrenaline kick to compensate for the drop so you BP goes up PDQ.

alex3619

Interesting comment Allyson. When I enter a doctors office if my bp is taken its very high - but I have had to walk there, and am standing. Sitting for a while it gets a bit lower. Adrenaline might indeed explain this. Bye, Alex

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Interesting comment Allyson. When I enter a doctors office if my bp is taken its very high - but I have had to walk there, and am standing. Sitting for a while it gets a bit lower. Adrenaline might indeed explain this. Bye, Alex

While my BP at home is fairly low (about 105 - 110 over 65), when I enter a doc's office after driving, walking in the heat and usually hurrying and the implicit stress of seeing a doctor, it is usually high. (I've checked machine against the doc's and it is spot on) I guess mine fluctuates hugely (well the TTT showed massive fluctuations).

Last time I went, the doc was late, I sat there in the air-conditioned office (it has been really hot outside) and read for about 20 minutes. Then when he took my BP (despite the "doc taking my BP effect" :eek:) It was slightly below normal.

So I do think adrenaline is a factor with me. I have usually had a mug of coffee too to get myself to the doc's office too.

Sushi

xks201

OI is low aldosterone, I don't care what anyone says. Fludrocortisone/Florinef is a very small pill and unless you take it on an empty stomach the chances of it absorbing are next to nothing. Also it must be taken with salt.

Marg

Is this the same green tea extract that Dr. Oz talked about for weight loss? If so it is available in pill form. I do not know where though. I have seen ads for it.

Rooney

Is this the same green tea extract that Dr. Oz talked about for weight loss? If so it is available in pill form. I do not know where though. I have seen ads for it.
It must be the same. I saw the show too and remember he said only buy a specific kind described on his site. He suggests a lot of scam artists on the product, but offers no endorsement. Haven't gone to his site yet.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

It is available at most supplement sites. I found it at Vitacost in capsules. It does seem to help a bit--also with cognition.

Sushi

ramakentesh

If there is dizziness in OI then it is unlikely that there is essentional hypertension. Impaired cerebral autoregulation means that there is still low cerebral perfusion.