1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Great San Diego News Network article

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by shrewsbury, Nov 14, 2009.

1. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Levi just posted this article from San Diego News Network on the media thread.

Chronic fatigue patients fight a ‘lazy’ label, advocate for awareness
    But you don't look sick: San Diegans suffering from mysterious and misunderstood chronic fatigue syndrome battle daily life

I thought it was a great article. Oh rats – another letter to write(email below)! It’s over 1,000 words I’d guess. Uses 2 patient egs – and starts with a man. Very well written and easy to read, good photos. The approach is one of starting with negative reactions that are common, then giving the info that dispels the myths + builds empathy.

Eg
    Then Kim McCLeary is quoted numerous times and there’s a cfids link. Maybe they’re starting to step up!

Then xmrv is mentioned in the middlish (I don’t get her cfs me distinction)

Definitely worth the energy for a full read, I’d say.

Final note – I like all the tags she put at the end (see below) – from what I remember of page optimizing, this article is going to get a lot of hits because she did that.

Happy reading!

islandfinn:)

By Jennifer Reed, SDNN

Jennifer Reed is SDNN’s health and wellness editor. She can be reached at jennifer.reed@sdnn.com

Tags: AIDS, Bob Deering, CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CFIDS, CFS, chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, disability, Epstein-Barr virus, fibromyalgia, flu, K. Kimberly McCleary, lupus, Mexican Hairless Xolo, multiple sclerosis, myalgic encephalomyelitis, Nancy Gordon, science, SDNN, University of Nevada in Reno, Whittemore Peterson Institute, XMRV

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 14th, 2009 at 8:42 am and is filed under Health, Lifestyle. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

2. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Good article

"When youre stuck in bed with the flu, youre stuck in bed with the flu. Its not a matter of not wanting to get up. You cant get up.

I love this quote.....This would be a good way to describe CFS on the Oz show.

3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Great article! Thanks - lets hit this one up - and get it to be one of their top hits.

See more popular forum discussions.