Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Great news: IACFS/ME Newsletter makes important Primer announcement

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by waiting, Aug 21, 2012.

1. waiting

waiting Senior Member

The August issue of the IACFS/ME newsletter has announced that as a follow-on from the June CFSAC meeting, the National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC) invited submission of the IACFS/ME Primer and has now accepted it "for inclusion and posting on the NGC website in the fall."

See the newsletter for details. It has lots of additional interesting and useful information in it.

Bob, WillowJ, CJB and 7 others like this.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Thanks for the heads-up Waiting. I have popped the relevant section onto Cort's thread about the Primer vs. Toolkit: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...n-cdc-toolkit-vs-iacfs-me-primer.18617/page-2

From the August 2012 IACFS/ME Newsletter: http://www.iacfsme.org/NewsletterAugust2012/tabid/512/Default.aspx

3. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    I'm very pleased about the update (will they include more immune and infection things?) and the government website and (a) and (c), but confused about the utility of (b)? that just sounds like CBT/patient support and not an ME and/or CFS issue? why do we feel a need to coach docs about patient support here?

justinreilly likes this.
  4. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    Great. Last time I checked, the only one up there was the old horrible CDC CME.

5. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    I agree. Who was this "public feedback" on (b) from?

I think it's pretty clear that recommending exercise for any ME patient other than those only mildly affected is, on balance, detrimental.

6. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA

See more popular forum discussions.