1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Great article by author Toni Bernhard J.D. in Psychology Today

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Nielk, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Sasha likes this.
  2. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    I thought that was a very good article. I think we've all had those moments when we have to decide whether or not to use the dreaded "chronic fatigue syndrome" name. And I bet we've all seen that look when someone --especially a doctor-- disengages from us when we do.

I think the people who are trying to fight the stigma by publicly saying "I have this" are heroes. It shouldn't have to take courage, but it does.
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Yes, Toni describes the stigma of having this illness very well. I'm sure we have all encountered similar situations
  4. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
  5. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

Just fyi from what I can see this is her blog posting, not in the magazine--right?

See more popular forum discussions.