• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

update: Good news re granddaughter and cervical cancer!

Mary

Moderator Resource
I just found out yesterday my 27-year old granddaughter has cervical cancer. She is my son's oldest stepdaughter. They were doing a hysterectomy and found it was too advanced and stopped the procedure.

The plan is to do a PET scan next week and then targeted radiation.

I'm not religious or even particularly spiritual (though I do meditate), but would appreciate any prayers, good thoughts, etc. for her. Her name is Jessica. Thank you.

erin

Sorry to hear illness especially such young age. Although I don't know you and your grand daughter in person; I will include Jessica in my special prayers (my prayers are non religious and they are kind of me trying to send the good, positive thoughts and wish of healing) before I go to sleep. I also pray for all sick and the sickness in general to disappear from this world. I will remember Jessica together with 4 other special person that I pray for every night.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
So very sorry Mary to hear this news. I will be thinking of her x

Mij

I'm sorry to hear this @Mary I'm lighting candles this weekend for your granddaughter. I'm not a religious person but am spiritual and will be keeping Jessica in my thoughts.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I am sorry to hear this news. I hope your families love and support helps her through this difficult time. :hug:

Butydoc

I just found out yesterday my 27-year old granddaughter has cervical cancer. She is my son's oldest stepdaughter. They were doing a hysterectomy and found it was too advanced and stopped the procedure.

I'm not religious or even particularly spiritual (though I do meditate), but would appreciate any prayers, good thoughts, etc. for her. Her name is Jessica. Thank you.

Butydoc

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your granddaughter.

My heart felt sympathy,
Gary

ebethc

shocking at that age... sorry to hear about this

Mary

Moderator Resource
Thanks @ebethc - it's never a good age, but it is much worse with someone so young -

My brain which is used to doing so much reading and research re ME/CFS wants to tackle this now -- anyways, I really appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers and good wishes --

So very very sorry to hear this. I wish Jessica all the best best success with her treatment, and sincere wishes to all of you.