The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GP Recommendations for NHS doctor near Oxford

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by brooke, Sep 18, 2017.

1. brooke

brooke

Hi Everyone,

I have an doctor in the London to manage my care, prescribe medications, etc. However, I am looking for an NHS doctor to manage basic things and to also potentially coordinate my care with my CFS doctor since I will be living outside of the city.

Does anyone know of a kind, knowledgable doctor on the NHS in Oxford? I'm not looking for them to manage my CFS as I know this does not exist through the NHS. I'm looking for someone who won't be condescending or mean and who has a decent level of knowledge about regular medical issues.

2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

it will depend on where you live in Oxford - GPs have an area that they cover they dont take patients from outside their area. You need to find out what surgeries cover your area. Might be worth asking Russell to post the question on the MEA facebook page or contact the Oxford ME Group

Invisible Woman likes this.
  3. brooke

brooke

@NelliePledge There's an Oxford ME Group? Are you a part of this group or do you know how to find it?

4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

no not my part of the country - I think they are called OMEGA

5. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

There are contact details for all the local ME/CFS support groups throughout the UK in the MEA website support group directory:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/information-and-support-line/localsupportgroups/

I would talk to someone at OMEGA about how to find a good NHS GP in Oxford

Or you could post a request for info on the MEA Facebook page - we have plenty of members in Oxford and Oxfordshire

CS

See more popular forum discussions.