1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Got my Yasko results, yay! Caledonia and all you smart folks can you help me??

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Healthy Someday, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

Only two shockers for me with my results. I am totally negative for any COMT. The second is that I am CBS +/+. I was expecting one plus, but not the two. :-(.

So, here is the list of positives. . .

VDR Taq Tt
    VDR Fok Ff
    MAO A +/-
    MTHFR C677T +/-
    MTR +/-
    MTRR K350A +/- (this was red instead of yellow, a color-coding mistake??)
    BHMT 1,2,4,8 +/-
    CBS C699T +/+
    NOS +/-

I am sensitive to all methyl donors and am struggling with high histamine symptoms along with typical POTs symptoms. I also have horrible hypoglycemia. My only diagnosis so far is POTS.

A BIG thank you to all who have suggestions for me.

Amy
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Hi Amy,

You have one First Priority mutation, which is CBS. You have the major CBS - C699T, and all the BHMTs, which can add to CBS or even cause a CBS problem without a CBS mutation. You're sensitive to methyl donors. I'd say there is an extremely high probability you have a CBS problem, and will have to spend a few months doing a CBS protocol before you can proceed with the other supps.

I've successfully used the Heartfixers CBS protocol except for I used the Free Thiol diet, and didn't use any of Yasko's RNA supps. It took me three months and I'm still on some maintenance CBS support (25mcg molybdenum, boron, carnitine).

Then you have MTHFR C677T, so some methylfolate for that. You have MTR and MTRR, which is the B12 double whammy - problems with both B12 intake and recycling. So some B12 for that.

For your COMT/VDR combo, Yasko suggests all three types of cobalamin (methyl, hydroxy and adenosyl), with less methyl.

For the BHMTs, some lecithin to generate TMG.

For MAO A - Yasko suggests sprinkles of 5htp, but only after balancing the rest of the cycle and only if you're still experiencing symptoms which would warrant it.

VDR Fok is involved with blood sugar regulation. Here's what Yasko via Heartfixer says:
    NOS - Here's what Heartfixer says about that:

3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Histamine - I just heard something on an MTHFRsupport podcast. I think they were saying an overabundance of lactobacillus relative to bifidobacterium could cause this, but I need to go back and check to be sure.

I've also seen a video which had something about methylation and histamine, but I'll have to go back and look for that too. I think it was from one of the supplement companies.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Ok, I've gone back and checked. The MTHFRsupport podcast is here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mthfrsupport/2013/11/21/roundtable-discussion-nutrigenomics
    About an hour in, a lady calls in talking about her daughter. If she supplements with lactobacillus, her histamine problems get worse. If she supplements with bifidobacterium, her histamine problems get better. Michael Gruttadauria is a little confused because he believes leaky gut in general could cause this.

The video is here: !
    Low SAMe can cause problems with histamine. About 15 minutes in. Video by Douglas Labs.
  5. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

Caledonia,
    I am so thankful for all of this information you have provided me!! It is all awesome!! Did you go through heartfixer for a consultation or did you read the info there and do it all on your own?

I have traditionally had a problem with probiotics so had to quit taking them. I had read about the histamine connection to some of the strains and bought the Align, which is only the bifidobacterium infantis, to try. I think it makes me tired. I'm not sure what to do about that. I know I need them. I see in your signature you have the 4R Gut Rebuilding Program. Have you used this yourself? What all have you done to rebuild your gut and what has been successful?

It has been a long time since I've had any gut labs run. I'm sure they would be helpful now that I know a little more about what I'm doing and what I need to look for.

You are so nice to help those on this board. THANK YOU!!!!

Amy
  6. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

Caledonia,
    Do you know why heartfixer says so much that those who are -/- for COMT like me do well on methyl donors when I don't do well with them? I'm sure the answer is right in front of me but I just can't see it. I know that the CBS +/+ makes a difference but when I read the heartfixer info it still sounds like if I followed their treatment plan I would be put on a LOT of methyl donors.

Amy

See more popular forum discussions.