1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

got infection. which Abx is safest?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by priya, Jun 10, 2013.

1. priya

priya permanently dislabeled

Toronto
    hi all,

i always treat w/ herbs, but i got this infection in an old ear piercing that's really affecting me. i'm putting diluted food-grade H2O2 on it, but i feel the infection spreading to my eardrum and down my neck. i feel quite ill and am having probs using fingers/hands and my brain (i'm a 100% bedridden PWME for 10 years).

if i call the GP to my home i need to know how to advise them. they likely can't get blood from me to test ... don't want to lose any more functioning or i'll be in trouble. i think i may need abx, but which are best?

i'm taking Naturomycin caps x 4/day, cranberry, Paradex, vit c, etc.

any suggestions are much appreciated!
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Hi, no idea which antibiotics are best for this, but by the sounds of things you need to see your GP and get the right treatment. Infections inside the ear can become very serious if not treated, and lead to hearing loss or complications with the brain, so it's important to get it sorted out ASAP. I'm sure you'll be fine, but if you leave it too long it will require more intervention with stronger antibiotics, etc.
    I hope it's still early enough that you can have something fairly mild and get rid of the infection without too much trouble.
    Little Bluestem, Ema and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.