• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good Old Gluthathione Detox?

confetti11

Hi guys, I'm not new to this. I've posted some other messages lately. Been at this 17 years. Various treatments have gotten me to 75-80% in the past for long periods of time. Currently in a relapse for about six months.

Being at this so long, I forget what causes what sometimes.

For 4-5 days (up until yesterday), I was feeling quite a bit better. I remember taking a long walk last Sunday evening and sighing when the breeze hit my face because I just felt "clear" and really had no symptoms (at that moment). Monday, I went almost all day and did well.

Yesterday (Tuesdsay), I woke up feeling worse. It ended up being a tough day. Last night was pretty awful and today, I can barely move around the house. (When I'm most debilitated, I'm nauseous and uneasy, not ill from head to toe like this.)

But, I looked back over the last week or so, and I'm wondering if this is a case of too much glutathione/toxin releasing. (I can take the lipsomal form with no problem, so it's not on my radar as a trigger for me. I was taking this form until about a week ago when I ran out).

Last week, I started making smoothies in the morning with protein powder for extra protein in the am. I was using whey protein. I'm not sure what makes something undernatured whey or not, but now I'm wondering if this was boosting glutathione.

I was also using more turmeric in my seasoning when cooking because I read this was a good thing. Now I read that can boost glutathione.

Most importantly though, I nebulized 1cc of gluthatione Monday night. I have been doing this once or twice a week seemingly without much fall out, but I spaced it and used 1cc rather than a 1/2cc.

I don't know, I'm just putting all of these things together (the liposomal form already in my system before I ran out, the whey, the turmeric and the double dose of nebulized gluathione on Monday) and wondering if that's why I'm practically unable to move today because I feel so sick.

I've got a castor oil pack on my liver right now just in case.

Anyone more educated than me on this topic have any thoughts? Thanks!

confetti11

I just thought of this too...the last several days, I've had to use the bathroom more, in both directions. Not in a bad way, just more often. Now I'm wondering if that's not more toxins trying to get out too?