• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good 'new' Lyme discussion video

roxie60

Dr Cameron is in the discussion panel along with a person who had lyme and her family. What is nice is it was created just a few weeks ago so it is current discussion. Good current educational video with experts and lymie.

roxie60

As much as I endorse the above video discussion about lyme you might notice on the WSPU site there was an earlier lyme discussion in January 2014. All I can say is be ready to scream listening to the 'so called' medical specalist. There are so many things she said that were half truths and reveal he bias towards IDSA philosophy. If anyone listenes to that January lyme discussion just be forwarned I dont think too much of that doctor or her opionions. I think she has so outdated info. Is doing a disservice. She did get the intermittentness of the lyme arthritis correct in my opionion (she is a rheumy so it is good she at least understands that aspect of lyme). I would take the rest of her comments with a grain of salt, it is apparent she is not a lyme literate doctor. I think the comments only serve to disserve the lyme community.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
What is the research and drug treatment that they are talking about in the second video? As this is from 2011 I expect there should have been some forward movement on this by now...whatever it is!

roxie60

I also want to know that. Im not sure why that info was left out unless they felt most who would watch it already knew what they were doing. I had never heard of them and would be reluctant to respond to a request for funds without a lot more info. I tired to Google them but ran out of energy to keep researching them. It is on my todo list since they seem to imply they have a 'solution' at least that is how I interpreted the info but that they wanted to becareful not to put out false hope. Does that mean they are keeping the info secret? It left me wanting to know more. If you find anything let me know and I will post as I find more info. I also determined they are incorporated but what I did find described them as not for profit, just an fyi.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I also want to know that. Im not sure why that info was left out unless they felt most who would watch it already knew what they were doing. I had never heard of them and would be reluctant to respond to a request for funds without a lot more info. I tired to Google them but ran out of energy to keep researching them. It is on my todo list since they seem to imply they have a 'solution' at least that is how I interpreted the info but that they wanted to becareful not to put out false hope. Does that mean they are keeping the info secret? It left me wanting to know more. If you find anything let me know and I will post as I find more info. I also determined they are incorporated but what I did find described them as not for profit, just an fyi.

Sometimes they omit specific drug treatment because they know that there are so many desperate patients out there who would try it on their own without medical supervision. It must be a hard decision as to whether to go public with information like this.

Sushi

roxie60

Thanks. I saw that in some of the links but did not realize it was a name change. Maybe I will have mor luck now finding details.I think the new name is more professional, the old name sounded a bit elementary.