The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Good Men Project: How Chronic Illness Transformed my Masculinity

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by AndyPR, Mar 28, 2017.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Jamison Hill (@Jhillzer07 ) continues raising awareness through his writing.
    https://goodmenproject.com/health/how-chronic-illness-transformed-my-masculinity-bbab/

simeyss, Daisymay, SamanthaJ and 6 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    A moving piece.

Really good to hear that he is improving

Daisymay, trishrhymes, atleje and 3 others like this.
  3. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

He writes so well. I look forward to reading his book. I'm so pleased his health is improving. Does anyone know what treatment he's having? Whatever it is, I hope it continues to work.

simeyss, lcnewross and AndyPR like this.
  4. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

You might be interested in his blog Trish - https://jamisonwrites.com/

Hutan and trishrhymes like this.
  5. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Good to hear he has improved, perhaps his brain fog will improve as well? I unsubscribed from his emails after the rant on Trump, give the guy a chance!

GG

6. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Nah, the orange oompah loompah doesn't deserve any chance at all. I'd prefer to support someone who is slowly making their way back from serious ME over an over privileged bully.

Valentijn, Murph, Hutan and 2 others like this.
  7. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Ha, ha, enjoy your great health care system.

GG

8. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Completely not getting your point. Is it that you are just laughing at the NHS in general? Or that you are comparing the US health care system to the UK one, with the implication that the US system is superior? If that is the case, do you mean the US system with Obamacare in place as is, Obamacare with the flaws that apparently are starting to become apparent dealt with, or with Trumpcare in place (seems to be highly unlikely to happen now as he's sulking about not getting his way, and telling huge lies about how he was never going to replace Obamacare in the first place).

If, and that is currently a big if, the NHS was properly funded then I would argue that for the vast majority of its users it is a far superior system to the US, no matter which flavour. But as the Tories seem intent on running it into the ground I anticipate that it will be sold off and we'll end up with a second rate version of the US system, and god help anyone who can't afford to go private.

Valentijn, halcyon, Jan and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.