Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Good gut start up kit?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Captain John, May 1, 2018.

1. Captain John

Captain John

I really want to fix my gut, but I try to be careful. I have bougth glutamine and have had difficulty finding information on side effects. I would like to know if there are any serious side effects? In addition, I would like to know which herbs can help fix the gut. I have read about 1001 different things that can help, but I'd like to keep it to a minimum so I almost know what works and what dosen´t. Anyone who can recommend a fixing gut start up kit?

alkt likes this.
  2. perrier

perrier Senior Member

Dear Captain John
    I'm with you on the question. Everything tried on this end has not brought any results; the GI pains just storm ahead.

alkt and Captain John like this.
  3. Captain John

Captain John

Thank you sir! May your intestinal flora bring you joy in the future!

alkt and ChrisD like this.
  4. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    What's wrong with your gut? It's difficult to make any recommendations without first knowing what the problem is.

alkt likes this.
  5. Captain John

Captain John

Yes sure! I have constipation and abdominal pain, but the worst thing is that all I eat affects my system. I get itching, my brain is affected, burning sensations and I feel sick.

alkt, ljimbo423 and Learner1 like this.
  6. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Does that happen immediately after you put food in your stomach or is there some kind of delay? If there is a delay, how long, roughly, is that delay?

alkt and Learner1 like this.
  7. Runner5

Runner5 Senior Member

PNW
    Fiber feeds the good bacteria in your gut and it's the best way to boost your colonic friends.

I also take Intestinew from Renew Life (has L-Glutamine in it also, I've taken L-Glutamine for ten years without issue), Aloe Vera Gel Caps from NOW brand, and Slippery Elm. That generally fixes 90% of my GI complaints.

It sounds like you have Diverticulitis. Do you get a small fever after you eat by any chance? I also have a problem with my Sigmoid Colon and I get fevers and flu like symptoms after every meal. I had to cut out all animal products (they're constipating for me) and just eat loads of plants. It didn't cure it but has made me a lot more comfortable and given me a little more energy. I have a growth in my abdomen or hernia though and it's impacting the Sigmoid and my bladder and it is crazy uncomfortable. I can't diet or supplement my way out of that though, I have to go see the doc and probably get surgery (UGH!!!).

I always ate kinda carefully but then would have a Haagan Daz relapse or a Friday Night Pizza episode. This has actually made me start eating a lot better.

Captain John and alkt like this.
  8. alkt

alkt Senior Member

uk
    a haagan daz relapse sounds very painful lol liked the description. my sister unfortunately thinks nothing of eating an entire pot to herself in one sitting fortunately she doesn't have that relapse too often .

Runner5 likes this.
  9. Captain John

Captain John

There is a delay, somtimes hours, somtimes more :\

alkt likes this.
  10. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Have you been tested for Celiac Disease?

alkt likes this.
  11. rastamouse

rastamouse

I have friends who have had success repairing their gut following the GAPS diet. You basically live off bone broth and then slowly add things back in to find your triggers. The collagen in the bone broth is meant to help repair leaky gut. There is a book called The GAPS diet. Might be worth a read.

Captain John and alkt like this.

See more popular forum discussions.