Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Good days and bad days

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by fireflymd, Aug 4, 2017.

1. fireflymd

fireflymd

Is this how it is for you? I had a couple of weeks recently where I thought I had "turned the corner".

Still a struggle to get out of bed in the mornings, but I could get through an abridged day of work and wasn't so debilitatingly fatigued that I did not feel suicidal.

I thought this was "livable". No real life--could not go out shopping, or to dinner after work, etc, but livable. I though perhaps all my antibiotics, antifungal, antivirals and numerous supplements had finally kicked in.

Then since the start of this week I have started to decline again. I could barely get through work yesterday and today could not get out of bed until later due to feeling shaky and trembling.

Do others experience this as well? The waxing and waning of symptoms?

JaimeS likes this.
  2. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Sometimes, especially if you don't take care not to overdo things.

But sometimes there just seems to be no predictability, or it worsens after about 2 or 3 years. Sometimes it improves.

fireflymd likes this.
  3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Sounds like you are doing to much. I know it sucks to do less, but that is the best way not have such "bad days". Perhaps it is not possible for you to do less? Financial or family obligations?

GG

NelliePledge likes this.
  4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Sure, it waxes and wanes: this is a relapsing-remitting illness.

The trick is to not 'use up' your energy the moment you have it. It's hard, especially if you're used to being healthy, but you have to keep in mind that you have a very low 'energy bank account', and if you spend everything in it you'll be overdrawn tomorrow.

MeSci, Jessie 107, *GG* and 5 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.