Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Good article in Daily Express on Unrest

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Joh, Dolphin, Obermann and 7 others like this.
  2. Molly98

Molly98 Senior Member

I tell you what, all my least favorite newspapers have been doing a really good job of good articles for us recently, and the one I am more easily aligned with on many things a really bloody shit job.... whats that about then?

char47, Londinium, hinterland and 8 others like this.
  3. SamanthaJ

SamanthaJ Senior Member

I'm increasingly convinced there must a direct connection to SW & co high up at the Guardian, higher up than Goldacre or Simon Singh, but I'm surprised we don't know by now what or who this is - there's a sort of wilful blindness that goes beyond ignorance or laziness, they actually seem to avoid the good stories. They seem to be the only paper that hasn't had a proper article about Unrest, even though it should be right up their street.

As an ex-Guardian reader I feel betrayed, and have given up waiting for them to prove me wrong. The call for change clearly isn't going to come from them - it seems they as good as oppose change. The frustrating thing is, Guardian readers would want to know about this injustice and abuse. I'm disappointed that no Guardian journalist has insisted on writing about it.

Anyway, rant over! Well done, Express!

4. Molly98

Molly98 Senior Member

Couldn't agree more... on all points :)

Sadly I am now Newspaperless.

char47 and SamanthaJ like this.
  5. SamanthaJ

SamanthaJ Senior Member

Me too! :(

Molly98 likes this.
  6. hinterland

hinterland

Well, there was this, and this... I’ve just re-read the review (second link) and don’t disagree: it seems to be rather damning the movie with faint praise, and a meagre three stars (‘nothing to see here folks’). It also, somehow, still finds it appropriate to cast aspersions towards psychological causation, in a way that only a true zealot could. There does seem to be a certain editorial policy in play at the guardian, that operates in a slightly sinister way.

char47, ukxmrv, Sean and 4 others like this.
  7. Deepwater

Deepwater Senior Member

There is indeed. I used to think it was all about Ben Goldacre, but as @SamanthaJ says, it seems to go beyond that. Anyone would think Simon Wessely had information he could use to blackmail the editor,;) the dissonance between the facts and the Guardian's coverage is so perverse.

SamanthaJ and char47 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.