• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Going slow on Molybdenum-Did You?

Misfit Toy

I stopped B12 and folate on Friday but started Yucca and Molybdenum on Saturday. I still feel semi hyped and it could be methylation even after stopping folate, etc.

I'm taking 150 mcg of Moly. 1/4 pill of yucca with each meal.

I think I'm going to cut back on the molybdenum. Has anyone else had to go slow on Moly?

My doc feels that all of my doses are so low so no problems should occur. He doesn't get it.

Already I miss the folate and B12. I had so much energy on it. I would wake up and GO! I got so much done on it....never mind that it was causing me mania!

Going to buy hydroxyB12 but I am nervous. 1,000 mcg will probably be too high. I will cut it down.

I have gone down this rabbit hole.

Why? Because it was so nice to feel, do and be a semi person instead of being dead. :grumpy:

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Don't you mean micrograms for the molybdenum ? I just started in on it.

Also some find yucca helps them sleep. I can't take it at night so I take it once a day in the morning.

There is also 2 kinds of yucca I saw. Root and stalk. I talk the stalk because it was more cost effective. I don't know if there is a difference.

Misfit Toy

@minkeygirl -yes..you are right. I will correct my post. It's 150 mcg. Yes, I will look at the Yucca. I think it may help one sleep. I took it the other night and seemed to get tired after it..but in a good way.

sscobalt93

Don't you mean micrograms for the molybdenum ? I just started in on it.

Also some find yucca helps them sleep. I can't take it at night so I take it once a day in the morning.

There is also 2 kinds of yucca I saw. Root and stalk. I talk the stalk because it was more cost effective. I don't know if there is a difference.

From what I've read Yucca stalk is not effective. You need the root. I am not trying to promote anything but Pureformulas has the NOW brand Yucca root for less that $5 a bottle with free shipping. I always order from there and I get 2 day shipping for free.

Moly has helped me with energy when I took it. I noticed I digested my food better. I stopped taking it though because I was worried about becoming Copper deficient. I know 150mcg is a low dose but I may get my copper levels tested prior to using it to make sure I am good on copper

sscobalt93

They both contain the same active ingredient, but from what I have read the stalk doesn't contain as much saponins as the root itself. So you may need to take more to get the desired effect. I assume you are using this for sulfur pathways/ammonia detox?

sscobalt93

I noticed that moly did make me tired so I had to take it at night before bed. I don't know how it makes you feel, but maybe try that? I usually try to take new supplements(besides b vitamins/other 'stimulating' supplements) closer to bed time.

For example I am starting on milk thistle and it knocks me dead cold asleep. I sleep great though.

Here's a great article about ammonia:
http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=TheAmmoniaHypothesis

Misfit Toy

I don't know...something is keeping me revved. Several possibilities. I don't like taking supplements at night because I am an insomniac and a half. Either it's the original 3 week trial of methylation and it's just keeping on in my system and still firing, or hormones (ovulation can rev me up) or it's cleaning out Sulphate, which is a possibility.

My body does not like being tinkered with. Today i am stopping everything and giving my body a break. My stomach is incredibly nauseaus, too.

caledonia

I stopped B12 and folate on Friday but started Yucca and Molybdenum on Saturday. I still feel semi hyped and it could be methylation even after stopping folate, etc.

I'm taking 150 mcg of Moly. 1/4 pill of yucca with each meal.

I think I'm going to cut back on the molybdenum. Has anyone else had to go slow on Moly?

Yasko suggests 75mcg of moly, and that amount worked well for me.

Moly will help the SUOX enzyme work better and so you will start detoxing sulfur. I think there may also be some copper dumping for some people. So those may cause issues if you're going at a higher rate.

Misfit Toy

@caledonia -TY. I ordered hydroxy b 12 at 1000 µg. How much should a person like myself take thats very sensitive? I read on how to break it down to smaller on your page, but it's mentally too confusing for me.

I'm not sure of how much to take.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I use yucca stalk. I can't take anything NOW makes. Every time I have a bad reaction.

My NP had me on 300 mcg. Someone posted here awhile back that was too much but didn't are much evidence.

Now I get it in my Life Extension Only Trace minerals

Oh and I think @heapsreal said take weekends off from yucca. Can't remember why but maybe he'll chime in.

sscobalt93

@caledonia -TY. I ordered hydroxy b 12 at 1000 µg. How much should a person like myself take thats very sensitive? I read on how to break it down to smaller on your page, but it's mentally too confusing for me.

When I first started the hydroxyb-12 I used only around 150mcg. It worked for a short while, but overtime it started to make me worse. Not sure why. Maybe the reduction of NO was too much? All I know is my brain fog was getting worse after about a month on it. I currently take folinic acid and adenob12

sscobalt93

What a maze...this is why I have been reluctant to go this route.

The thing is I am only hetero a1298c so don't be scared on my usage of it. I have a mild case of the MTHFR gene mutation. I think most of my issues are from EBV and Lyme.

Misfit Toy

@minkeygirl the guy who came up with what I needed after my 23 and Me test wrote me up a list of things to take and when to take them...Caledonia agreed sight unseen.

For me he said Yucca should be taken after you eat and only a 1/4 pill of the yucca, which I was shocked. Like, what will that do? He said, trust me, that's all you need, but I don't know why.

Misfit Toy

@sscobalt93 -mine is also mild...my MTHFR gene. I will always feel my condition is a viral situation. It started off with EBV and just whacked out my system and then all of the other shit came on. Excuse the language, but that is what it is...shit.

Anyway......I have fever blisters in my mouth constantly.....viral.

sscobalt93

@sscobalt93 -mine is also mild...my MTHFR gene. I will always feel my condition is a viral situation. It started off with EBV and just whacked out my system and then all of the other shit came on. Excuse the language, but that is what it is...shit.

Anyway......I have fever blisters in my mouth constantly.....viral.
Ahh! That is scary I do not want to be heading that way. I have a high viral load for EBV. It's considered off the charts that high. Have you tried Lysine? I noticed it has helped me quite a bit for my EBV. I have to take breaks because it does make me more tired, but I feel better mentally.

Have you tried ViraStop? I have read some good things about it. It's a systemic enzyme that 'digests' the proteins on the viruses. It may help reduce your viral load. Just a suggestion into something.

Also what brand of Moly are you taking? I have read on some Mthfr blogs that they are avoiding Moly that contains ammonia(most amino acid chelates contain ammonia) It may or may not be causing your intolerance to it. Just something to look into. Apparently the Thorne Brand does not contain ammonia, it's on my next order.

caledonia

I would suggest 50 mcg as a starting point. That could even be too much for some people.