• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GMO soy

OkRadLakPok

I always have serious stomach trouble when I chew that gum that is says it is non GMO. It has soy in it. It is the one you can get at the Vitamin Shoppe. Every single time I chew it, it feels like my stomach is fibrosing up, like folding up and like I am about to choke.
This also happens with "orangic corn".
I called the people who make organic corn ships because I heard you simply CANNOT guarantee that soy or corn or canola is organic anywhere.
They said that the various providers sign like a PROMISE that it is organic.
Wow. I feel great about that promise.
I am a company selling Corn to Whole Paycheck and a million dollars rides on my "promise"
Thanks guys,

Living Dead

You know gum usually contains Xylitol or other sweeteners ending in -ol, right? These are "useful" for making the stomach upset. Why would you blame the other ingredients when you have a well-known "problem ingredient" that could explain the symptoms?

Also, corn contains a fructose. You may suffer from an inability to process it. Google "fructose intolerance".

OkRadLakPok

Ah! GREAT POINT, Living!! I totally forgot about that. I do only eat one at a time, but you never know.

panckage

I'm confused. 99% of gum has soy in it. You need to get a specialty gum like Pur to avoid soy (it contains grit instead of soy though lol)