The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GMO soy

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by OkRadLakPok, Jun 27, 2016.

1. OkRadLakPok

OkRadLakPok Senior Member

I always have serious stomach trouble when I chew that gum that is says it is non GMO. It has soy in it. It is the one you can get at the Vitamin Shoppe. Every single time I chew it, it feels like my stomach is fibrosing up, like folding up and like I am about to choke.
    This also happens with "orangic corn".
    I called the people who make organic corn ships because I heard you simply CANNOT guarantee that soy or corn or canola is organic anywhere.
    They said that the various providers sign like a PROMISE that it is organic.
    Wow. I feel great about that promise.
    I am a company selling Corn to Whole Paycheck and a million dollars rides on my "promise"
    Thanks guys,

2. Living Dead

Living Dead Senior Member

You know gum usually contains Xylitol or other sweeteners ending in -ol, right? These are "useful" for making the stomach upset. Why would you blame the other ingredients when you have a well-known "problem ingredient" that could explain the symptoms?

Also, corn contains a fructose. You may suffer from an inability to process it. Google "fructose intolerance".

3. OkRadLakPok

Ah! GREAT POINT, Living!! I totally forgot about that. I do only eat one at a time, but you never know.

4. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    I'm confused. 99% of gum has soy in it. You need to get a specialty gum like Pur to avoid soy (it contains grit instead of soy though lol)

5. OkRadLakPok

I love pur gum. Cannot get it anywhere! Even Whole Paychecked stopped stocking it. Grrrr.

6. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    You can get it from Amazon. I eat it because i am intolerant to soy but it's not very good. It feels like there is sand in it o_O

See more popular forum discussions.