• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GMO"s, GAPS diet, Paleo diet, Wahl's diet, Miso and Fermented foods

Zensational

Interesting that you had a reduction in symptoms. My best guess is that you were having a "herxheimer reaction" otherwise known as a healing crisis. Most nutritionists advise eliminating one thing at a time so that you know what the problem food actually is. I certainly understand just wanting to feel better though and I commend you for your willingness to try something new.
I think we all are having to learn how to deal with this one day at a time. I see us all having daily improvement in our health.

Timaca

I would not stop any doctor prescribed medication without consulting a doctor.

I have histamine intolerance along with probable benzoate intolerance. I'm also allergic to wheat and oats (scratch tested at the allergist's office). I suspect corn is also a huge problem for me, even for example, corn derived maltodextrin and cornstarch in medications and supplements.

For me, I have stopped all over the counter supplements just to get a baseline of where I'm at. When I've tried to add some back in, (eg a baby probiotic that had only b. infantis and maltodextrin in it) I got headaches and achy knees. When I took an antibiotic for a UTI I got a severe headache (found out it had corn starch in it).

Foods and supplements can give me histamine related symptoms if I consume foods that are high in histamine.

By cutting back to the bare basics supplement wise and food wise, I've been able to figure out what seems to be some of my trigger foods (foods that cause me problems). I do take valtrex, but hope to get off that in March if my doctor agrees.......

All the best,