Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Glyceric Acid Supplement

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by Justin30, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Hello everyone,

Can someone please tell me what Glyceric Acid is. My Dr has this as part of my POTS Protocol but I have no clue what glyceric acid is.

He said it is available in supplement form i googled it and can't find anything. Can someone help me out to locate this supplement or at least another name for it?

Thanks in advance

2. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Ok, this took some detective work...(probably obvious to someone who takes it, oh well). Anyway, I think the doctor must have meant Glycyrrhizic acid also known as glycyrrhizin. It is an extract of licorice that has mineralocorticoid activity. Mineralocorticoids increase kidney retention of sodium and water, thereby increasing circulating body fluid volume and blood pressure. I will leave it to those who take such supplements to recommend a good one.

I will say that you can find several such supplements here on Amazon.

PatJ likes this.
  3. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

I have lots of Licorice root at home. Perfect.

I wasn't sure and will confirm.

Thank you for your help!

4. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Glad to help. Hope I'm not off base.

See more popular forum discussions.