• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

glutathione--your favorite kind/brand?

xrayspex

@PatJ , I really like the idea of having the glutathione in sublingual tablets, definitely easier, less messy, and longer shelf life than the liquid version. I put this in my Amazon cart - can you confirm this is the same one you use?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOSUVPA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AP1T4Z95YXCLP
Maybe I will try that too---unless one of you guys would send me like 3 of them for a price---would save me from potentially throwing away $50.....I continue to have a cupboard and fridge full of failed experiments..........but maybe

i l like that this one is just mostly glutathione....like to try one thing at a time

Basilico

Florida
Maybe I will try that too---unless one of you guys would send me like 3 of them for a price---would save me from potentially throwing away $50.....I continue to have a cupboard and fridge full of failed experiments..........

I know what you mean, we have this problem, too. I would be very happy to do this, but after checking with my husband, I think we are not going to order it for the reason that he'd have to take 10 sublingual tablets to get the same amount of glutathione as 3 doses of the liquid version (which is 2 1/4 teaspoons, 1,500mg). I have a feeling that taking 10 sublinguals is not very realistic, which is a real shame, because it would just be more convenient.

@PatJ , how many sublinguals do you take? Is the standard dose (2 tablets) enough for you?

xrayspex

I know what you mean, we have this problem, too. I would be very happy to do this, but after checking with my husband, I think we are not going to order it for the reason that he'd have to take 10 sublingual tablets to get the same amount of glutathione as 3 doses of the liquid version (which is 2 1/4 teaspoons, 1,500mg). I have a feeling that taking 10 sublinguals is not very realistic, which is a real shame, because it would just be more convenient.

@PatJ , how many sublinguals do you take? Is the standard dose (2 tablets) enough for you?

oh no worry Mz Basil....I was half serious....if you do get it please report back on results tho! I may suck it up and do it.....am trying to be scientific about limiting variables carefully right now and thoughtful about when introduce in new things so have to consider timing.....will get to it

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
can you confirm this is the same one you use?

Yup, that's them.

you mean you really feel you get the same benefits with the tablets? wow.

I've just checked and found that it wasn't LivOn liquid that I tried before, it was Vida Lifescience Aurora Mega-Liposomal Glutathione. I used the higher dose one that provides 750mg per serving. One bottle provides 32 servings, at one serving per day.

I didn't notice any extra benefit compared with the Terry Naturally which provide 150mg per tablet. The instructions on the Terry Naturally recommend holding it in the mouth for awhile before swallowing so maybe they're just as effective for me due to better absorbtion, or maybe the split dosing of the Terry Naturally (one AM, one PM) works better for me.

send me like 3 of them

When I first started taking them I only noticed benefits after two weeks (30 tablets) and didn't have any doubts about them becoming an essential supplement by the time I had taken them for a month (I had to wait a couple of months to get more and I noticed how my health declined again during that time). Now that I have been taking it for a year I can stop for a few days (when the effects seem to have faded), then start again and notice immediate benefits.

I think a proper test would require using them for a full month at least. I was hesitant to spend so much to try the first box, after spending so much on supplements that haven't helped, but I'm very glad that I took the risk.

he'd have to take 10 sublingual tablets to get the same amount of glutathione as 3 doses of the liquid version

Maybe not. It depends how much he absorbs of each product. Since the Terry Naturally is supposed to slowly dissolve in the mouth then it may get more into the body than just swallowing the liquid glutathione.

The only way to know for sure is for him to try it.

how many sublinguals do you take? Is the standard dose (2 tablets) enough for you?

I take the standard dose. The instructions say "For additional support take 4 tablets daily." but I've never tried it.

Basilico

Florida
When I first started taking them I only noticed benefits after two weeks (30 tablets) and didn't have any doubts about them becoming an essential supplement by the time I had taken them for a month (I had to wait a couple of months to get more and I noticed how my health declined again during that time). Now that I have been taking it for a year I can stop for a few days (when the effects seem to have faded), then start again and notice immediate benefits.

This is really interesting. With 3 doses, the effect was immediate for my husband. After so many years of supplements that did nothing, at this point if he doesn't notice anything after a few doses he'll finish the bottle but then write it off and move on to the next thing.

There don't seem to be benefits for him in between high occasional glutathione doses. It's pretty much a same-day treatment. I wonder if it would be worth it to get the Terry's after all and try taking it everyday, and maybe also do a booster with the liposomal version that we already use on occasion.

I have a fear that changing up the routine might screw things up and make it suddenly not work at all anymore, but if his glutathione levels were overall higher, that might be better for him in the long run... I'll have to talk it over with him later today and see what he thinks. If we do decide to give the Terry's a shot as an everyday supplement, @xrayspex , I will gladly send you a few, if you are still interested.

xrayspex

@Basilico

"I have a fear that changing up the routine might screw things up and make it suddenly not work at all anymore, but if his glutathione levels were overall higher, that might be better for him in the long run... I'll have to talk it over with him later today and see what he thinks. If we do decide to give the Terry's a shot as an everyday supplement, @xrayspex , I will gladly send you a few, if you are still interested."

thanks, no pressure at all! if ya do, really 1 is good because I know right away....sort of like online dating back in the day lol

Oral glutathione is poorly absorbed. Liposomal is a bit better but injectable is the best. I currently make my own in injectable form. It's fairly expensive if you go through a doctor. However you can get it very cheap if you buy veterinarian grade (injectable glutathione for horses). They are both manufactured under sterile conditions and its virtually the same (except some slight variation in pH adjustment).

SuzieSam

Just wondering - I was gonna just try taking NAC and let my body convert it to Glutathione... do you guys think that's a dumb idea? I'm too brain dead at this point to evaluate it. :(

Thanks for any clues,

Suzie

physicsstudent13

does Partell's more effective than other's like McGuff's?

how do you nebulize glutathione for maximal absorption is bulk powder supplements a good kind?

can you supply co chemicals with NAC powder and whey protein vitamin D? NAC in mouse studies destroys or thickens the walls of the lungs and heart

my doctor is killing me with high glutathione prices. he administers it with a butterfly IV?

physicsstudent13

I really need to know why the IV glutathione isnt effective anymore. I'm so exhausted it's difficul to finish my sentences and speak and brain damaged
I've been injecting sc glutathione. I feel realy sore and in pain. I feel exhausted after 7g of NAC powder, this powder doesn't make me naseous like pills though.
the last glutathione IV at the doctor was 3000mg it did help but didn't have the focusing effect

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I really need to know why the IV glutathione isnt effective anymore.

I rely on liposomal glutathione. I sometimes need to take a break from it for a few days and then it works better when I resume.

For the glutathione from your doctor, maybe they are using a different brand? Or maybe the manufacturer has changed something with their processes or suppliers?

physicsstudent13

Oral glutathione is poorly absorbed. Liposomal is a bit better but injectable is the best. I currently make my own in injectable form. It's fairly expensive if you go through a doctor. However you can get it very cheap if you buy veterinarian grade (injectable glutathione for horses). They are both manufactured under sterile conditions and its virtually the same (except some slight variation in pH adjustment).

Please I beg you for all the information on this. I am injecting veterinarian grade subcutaneous with smaller insulin needles but am not sure it is reaching my brain safely and being effective. I'm waiting for the butterfly IV needles in the mail.
they compounding pharmacies I don't know if it makes any difference, there is also an acetyl form of glutathione

Please I beg you for all the information on this. I am injecting veterinarian grade subcutaneous with smaller insulin needles but am not sure it is reaching my brain safely and being effective. I'm waiting for the butterfly IV needles in the mail.
they compounding pharmacies I don't know if it makes any difference, there is also an acetyl form of glutathione

I don't feel comfortable injecting anything through IV on my own. I inject glutathione intramuscularly usually with something else mixed in like l-carnitine, or l-arginine. The absorption is faster with intramuscular shots than subcutaneous and you can use a higher volume. I'm not sure if the acetyl would make a huge difference if you're already injecting glutathione instead of taking it orally.