• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glutathione IV and Nebulized Therapy

SuzieSam

@Groggy Doggy thanks for the links - it says on one that Prof Shungu used 1800g of NAC in his small trial. Is that what you take?

I read somewhere that taking NAC is better than glutathione because it's much less likely to get destroyed in the gut. Dunno if that's right. I guess that's why @Basilico, your husband takes liposomal glutathione? Does it protect it and deliver it safely?

My brain hurts too much to research today. The neuroinflammation is real. I don't need a SPECt scan to prove it. :ill::cry:

Learner1

Prof Shungu used 1800g of NAC in his small trial. Is that what you take?

I read somewhere that taking NAC is better than glutathione because it's much less likely to get destroyed in the gut. Dunno if that's right. I guess that's why

your husband takes liposomal glutathione? Does it protect it and deliver it safely?
It is best to do this in the care of a competent doctor based on labwork and take what's right for you and not be not trying follow what someone else does, which could lead you into trouble.

Theoretically, you want your entire methylation process works correctly - with the proper amounts of folate, B12, B6, B2, B3, potassium and magnesiumor you, along with adequate amounts of glycine, glutamine, and cysteine to make glutathione. And it helps to recycle glutathione, too. Glutathione doesn't stick around for long - it gets used up, so you need to keep all of this going.

If you make it and recycle it properly, then you won't need to take any. Shortcutting the process leaves you vulnerable to the effects of deficiencies in the above nutrients, which have other important jobs to do, like making blood, replicating DNA, keeping your heart beating, and maintaining cell membrane integrity.

I keep a bottle of Thorne glutathione in my purse and take it when I feel I need it, and it helps. It's not liposomal but I feel it working. Of course, the IVs and liposomal have their place, too.

Basilico

Florida
I guess that's why @Basilico, your husband takes liposomal glutathione? Does it protect it and deliver it safely?

My husband was the one who did the glutathione research and I believe he focused on the liposomal form because it had the best bioavailability. I will ask him if he remembers the details of what went into his choice.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so crappy...I hope it's not long-lasting.

Groggy Doggy

@Groggy Doggy thanks for the links - it says on one that Prof Shungu used 1800g of NAC in his small trial. Is that what you take?

I read somewhere that taking NAC is better than glutathione because it's much less likely to get destroyed in the gut. Dunno if that's right. I guess that's why @Basilico, your husband takes liposomal glutathione? Does it protect it and deliver it safely?

My brain hurts too much to research today. The neuroinflammation is real. I don't need a SPECt scan to prove it. :ill::cry:
Hi @SuzieSam

I started with one capsule, or 500 mg daily, to be cautious. Then after a few days I increased the dosage to 1000 mg daily. Because it gives me an energy boost, I ensure there is atleast 6 hours between my PM capsule and bedtime. It most noticeably improved my asthma, which is was got my attention.

GD :dog:

SuzieSam

@Learner1 I only WISH I could find a competent doctor round here who could guide me through this! I finally found someone half competent for my "alternative" bio identical hormone treatment, and him I'm not so happy with. And that's so easy to handle! THIS stuff is way beyond anyone here or even home in the UK. :bang-head::mad::aghhh:

Thanks so much for correcting me about what's involved with glutathione production. I'd better get my biochemical ducks in a row, or it'll just be yet another bottle of bills that ends up gathering dust. Just so brain dead and painful to even think...

@Groggy Doggy An ENERGY BOOST?!!! Imagine that ;) Wow, the very idea... I daren't even think it.

@Basilico Thanks for the sympathy. Sucks so much. As you know :(

Learner1

I only WISH I could find a competent doctor round here who could guide me through this!
I know its frustrating...but you're right about the biochemical ducks in a row. If you can figure out what your idiosyncrasies are, it becomes a lot easier to manage the whole system...

A good goal might be to see if you can find someone to do a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval on you - they have a "Find a Doctor" area on their website, which should work in the US and the UK.

I talked a new doctor into doing it for my mom, who's on Medicare, and we got it done...the doctor didn't want do the blood draw but the local hospital in Nevada did.

Just do whatever PrePay program is available, which is FAR cheaper. Where I am, its $159.

The info you get is tremendously helpful in helping you sort out methylation issues...

Best wishes :hug:

SuzieSam

Hmm, great food for thought, @Learner1. I'm going home to the UK in a month's time, for a 2 week visit. Once I'm over the travel, I should definitely do that! So much better than shooting in the dark.

Thanks for the guidance. :)

JasonUT

Hello,

I edited the title to "Glutathione IV and Nebulized Therapy". Unfortunately, this may be redundant, because there are other threads on these topics.

Docs and I decided to try nebulized glutathione treatment. Cost and logistics are much better. I am not sure what to expect. Like everything else, PWME's seem to respond in such dramatically different ways.

I will continue to try to lift my methylation and trans-sulfuration pathways with supportive nutrients. We are hoping that nebulized gluathione might provide a little bump for the end product, Glutathione.

Last edited:

jump44

I use compounded nasal glutathione. It's a small dose but overall I've found it to be helpful for the most part. I'm also on a few other things that are helping my brain situation, but I do notice a negative difference when I run out of the glutathione.

physicsstudent13

Please beg you had 2 strokes, CVA, horibly handicap.
where can get IV glutathione cheap NY or US?
how nebulize glutathione, which brand?
what other treatments CVA?

I'm having wash out nebulizer parts boiling water every 5 minutes

Last edited:

Learner1

where can get IV glutathione cheap NY or US?
Look for a functional medicine doctor, MD or ND, who does nutrient IVs. I am in Washington stare, so not sure about NY. It is supplied by compounding pharmacies. An IV of it where I live is about $100. It has helped me tremendously over time.

However, glutathione doesn't stay around long. Its best to feed the folate and methionine cycles and have adequate glycine, glutamine, and cysteine. Taking NAC, n-acetyl-cysteine can be a shortcut, though if you're like me, you might need glycine, too.

physicsstudent13

how do you nebulize glutathione for maximal absorption is bulk powder supplements a good kind?

can you supply that with NAC powder and whey protein? NAC in mouse studies destroys or thickens the walls of the lungs and heart

my doctor is killing me with high glutathione prices. he administers it with a butterfly IV?

yeah I was worried because these alternative doctors charge 300 a visit

Last edited:

Learner1

how do you nebulize glutathione for maximal absorption is bulk powder supplements a good kind?

can you supply that with NAC powder and whey protein? NAC in mouse studies destroys or thickens the walls of the lungs and heart

my doctor is killing me with high glutathione prices. he administers it with a butterfly IV?

yeah I was worried because these alternative doctors charge 300 a visit
My doctor is a preferred provider on my insurance. I only pay out of pocket for IVs which aren't covered by insurance.

I have no experience with powders. NAC helped get rid of chemo-induced neuropathy in my hands and feet. I've taken it for a few years with no problem.

Ideally you want your pathways working to make glutathione. Glutathione doesntvstick around lonf, so you want to make and recycle it quickly.

Nutritional IVs come from compounding pharmacies. The costs vary from pharmacy to pharmacy. I know my doctor doesn't make a lot of money from them. Currently, there's no US source for IV curcumin, though there should be one again soon. It is available from Canada. I have found it to be very helpful for inflammation, Phase II detox and fighting cancer.

physicsstudent13

is Partell's the best for IV glutathione or are there others? you can buy it IM but I couldn't get it in time

I've heard there may be ways to recycle glutathione or antioxidants like with vitamin A,C,E and berries

physicsstudent13

what do you take IV glutathione for?
I'm wondering what a safe dose of NAC is also. is 12g/day a good dose to go with or too much?

I'm still getting these side effects, tiredness, grogginess, weakness, trouble thinking after taking NAC+glutathione. I hope it's removing the toxins from my body.