1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GLUTATHIONE: Amazing "Before" & "After"...

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by dannybex, May 23, 2011.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Check out this video of a gentleman who was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam, and went on to develop Parkinson's Disease...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHYey8vELTg

Perhaps glutathione works mainly for people with chemical, solvent, pesticide or other environmental exposures (MCS), that may be part of their ME/CFS?

d.

2. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Danny,

Yes, that is an amazing video. The dose according to the video was 3000mg infusion. I think that the hazards of glutathione are perhaps dose related and/or frequency related and so on. I know of multiple up out of wheelchair results with b12 including almost myself. Also, please not to forget the recent research that appears to show that Parkinson's appears to be caused by 20+ years of adb12 shortage in the brain mitochondria damaging the neurons, and that b12 is needed for our bodies to generate glutathione. As Rich has pointed out, a lack of b12 means a lack of glutathione, among other things. So a lot of these things appear to be very tied together.

I think it is very important to learn to catch early Parkinson's before the damage is done. An mg of prevention might be a whole lot better than a kilogram of cure.

3. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I agree Fred. Dosage and frequency is probably really important, and from some of the reports here, it seems like perhaps some folks may have had a bad reaction after taking glutathione or the precursors it for too long. (And some had immediate bad reactions.)

Do you have a link to the research with adb12 and Parkinson's? I'd be really interested in that too.

My mother had Parkinson's, and I know I used some pesticides, etc., in the garden and around the house for almost 10 years. I'll get a tight left leg every once in awhile, but that did stop for about 2-3 years, after I tried nebulized glutathione (and b12) about 8-9 years ago. I had completely forgotten about the glutathione until I found receipts for it last week.

It really is amazing though isn't it. Definitely has the 'parkinson's shuffle' at the beginning. The man can function so much better after only 30 minutes...seems like a different guy.

4. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

I'd love to see the man's reaction to watching this video for himself. :)

That's some stunning effect. I'm really pleased for him!

5. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Amazing video!

I've had major improvement in my MCS from the methylation protocol (glutathione increase). About 80-90% improved.

The reason it works is, for every toxin molecule that you breathe/eat/drink/absorb, the liver uses up one glutathione molecule to get rid of it. If you're low in glutathione, you can't deal with it properly, thus MCS symptoms. If you raise glutathione, you can deal with it again, thus improvement in MCS.

6. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

So pleased for you too Caledonia! Wow :))
    How long since you started your methylation protocol?

7. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    Wow is right, Caledonia! I have the same question as Anne. How long? Are there other symptoms that you feel haven't responded to the methylation supplements?

I started a "diluted speck" of mB12 and methylfolate in February, and energy-wise, I'm still doing really well. But.....my MCS is much more pronounced. Early in my illness, I couldn't go anywhere for a few years due to MCS. Is the methylation cycle treatment substituting one set of problems for another? I'm staying with my "homeopathic" dose and spacing (2 - 3X a week); hopefully very low and very slow will keep the weakness/flulike fatigue sensations away.

I have MTHFR and MTRR SNPs and I am a poor metabolizer.

I also get a big blast of chemical sensitivity when I increase my dose of doxycycline, but it subsides after only a day. This seems different.

As long as the chemical sensitivity doesn't get any worse than it is now, I'll take this deal!

8. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Me and my dad both have MCS and I was reading that some people get benefit from taking nebulized Glutathione. Dr. Ziem says avoidance is still the best strategy and I agree, but it's good to know there's other ways to treat MCS. This is actually where I first learned about glutathione a few years ago.

Also, there are a lot of different ways to raise glutathione which should be considered besides just taking glutathione itself to raise glutathione since the other methods have other useful functions besides just raising glutathione. That said, if taking glutathione directly is the only thing that alleviates the symptoms then it's probably a good idea to take it even if it only brings temporary relief. Dr. Neil Nathan did say that it's possible for the body to stop producing glutathione on its own if you take glutathione on a regular basis, but I'm not sure how true that is because it would be very difficult to test even in a controlled study because there are so many variables involved.

9. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I haven't heard about the feedback inhibition if you take glutathione.

I found out there was some glutathione in one of the supplements my environmental medicine doc had me take early on, called Oxygarde Forte. I had grainfiller/naphtha smell (one of my exposures) coming out of my sweat and stinking up my clothes for a couple of years. I'm really glad I detoxed that stuff out (cancer causing - eek).

I'm still getting relief from MCS mainly off of methylfolate. I must have some B12 stores in there helping out, even though I'm showing some signs of B12 deficiency. I couldn't tolerate any mB12 at all due my CBS mutation. I've been treating it for several months and my tolerance for mB12 is gradually increasing.

Avoidance is still a good strategy even if you have better tolerance, you just don't need to be quite as strict about it (which is such a relief). But it's still not a license to go hog wild. I think we will always have to be at least somewhat careful so as to not make ourselves sick again once we recover.

10. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Methylation is a good way to raise glutathione for those who can tolerate it. You're not able to tolerate adb12 or even hydroxocobalamin?

11. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I have the same CBS problem with hB12. There's adB12 in my multivitamin, but I figure it has the same absorption problems as other B12s taken orally, so I'm not really getting any. Otherwise, I would get the same CBS problem again. They all go through the transsulfuration pathway to make glutathione. CBS is at the top of the transsulfuration pathway.

Once I get mB12 up to a reasonable level, then I plan on adding adB12 or hB12 (so I can get the adB12 in). Right now I'm dealing in 1/2 mcg drops. You read that right.

See more popular forum discussions.