1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Glutamine/glutamate responses

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by andruu, Jul 18, 2013.

1. andruu

andruu

Hello I am 24 years old and am currently in step one(CBS+) of fixing my methylation cycle.. my doc tried me on glutamine and seacure for a while to heal my gut- i stopped it 3 or 4 days ago because of excitotoxity systoms. I have since been having a consistently 'heavy' heartbeat, where i feel a little tightness around my heart and can feel the heartbeat without putting my ahnd over it. I am scared, has anyone had these symptoms after stopping supplements that supply glutamates?

I have been taking GABA for the excitotoxity.

Anybody help please, as i am waiting to get in to see my doctor.

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Andruu, I am so sorry! I have heard this can happen. Nervous myself because I just started glutamine as well. I wish I knew more to tell you.. I wonder if charcoal and bentonite clay could help you get it out of your system?!

Hang in there!

GABA can help and Ativan. I know it's a drug, but it calms my brain down on an as needed basis.

3. andruu

andruu

Thanks. I have charcoal in my protocol.. Right now I am still just coming in and out of myself- meaning im up and down and all around as far as my mental state is concerned.. I suppose i just have to let it run its course before it finds its balance(glutamate/gaba) again.

Do you have CBS regulation?

At first the glutamine helped me, but after one month is when i started feeling crappy. So if you have cbs i would be very cautious, however the symptoms wont be subtle. With me, all of a sudden i had the sense like i was beginning to move in the wrong direction again and took me a month(of hell) to figure it out, and now here I am.

See more popular forum discussions.