• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glutamine/glutamate responses

Hello I am 24 years old and am currently in step one(CBS+) of fixing my methylation cycle.. my doc tried me on glutamine and seacure for a while to heal my gut- i stopped it 3 or 4 days ago because of excitotoxity systoms. I have since been having a consistently 'heavy' heartbeat, where i feel a little tightness around my heart and can feel the heartbeat without putting my ahnd over it. I am scared, has anyone had these symptoms after stopping supplements that supply glutamates?

I have been taking GABA for the excitotoxity.

Anybody help please, as i am waiting to get in to see my doctor.

Misfit Toy

Andruu, I am so sorry! I have heard this can happen. Nervous myself because I just started glutamine as well. I wish I knew more to tell you.. I wonder if charcoal and bentonite clay could help you get it out of your system?!

Hang in there!

GABA can help and Ativan. I know it's a drug, but it calms my brain down on an as needed basis.

Thanks. I have charcoal in my protocol.. Right now I am still just coming in and out of myself- meaning im up and down and all around as far as my mental state is concerned.. I suppose i just have to let it run its course before it finds its balance(glutamate/gaba) again.

Do you have CBS regulation?

At first the glutamine helped me, but after one month is when i started feeling crappy. So if you have cbs i would be very cautious, however the symptoms wont be subtle. With me, all of a sudden i had the sense like i was beginning to move in the wrong direction again and took me a month(of hell) to figure it out, and now here I am.