Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Global Food Security Act

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by *GG*, Sep 27, 2012.

1. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I do not think GMOs are necessarily bad. I think they are massively under-regulated. Adding a new gene, and then giving it to people, is the same as creating a new drug. We should require standards of assessment as stringent as those used by the FDA. To this we have to do environmental impact studies. So it should be more regulated than the drug industry. Bye, Alex

3. Vincent

Vincent Senior Member

Baltimore, Maryland USA
    The problem is the studies have already been done, and GMO's are deadly dangerous. It's all about making us sicker for increased profits, and depopulation for 'the earth'.

GracieJ likes this.
  4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    actually the bigger danger is more complex
    as BBC article showed, and what folk dont' know is how Monsanto and similar companies have farmers by the balls, they are locked into using their mutated/sterile seeds AND their toxic herbicides and pesticides by atrocious contracts etc, and who let such crap occur? Why, political parties gettign big bucks from Monsanto etc!
    result?
    why, mutatnt freakin' weeds immune to their weedkiller....

lol, very similar to the problems with antibiotics
    sorry Big Industry is the most dangerous monster we've EVER created.
    Completely divorced from rhyme or reason.
    steriel seeds, so you have o buy new plants...so what happens in like, oh a national emergency, a disaster...and you can't grow crops form yer 1-shot seed?
    Do folk realize how much oil/energy is watsed in all these damned pesticides, herbicides and fertilizer? That's why US attempts ot use corn to make biofuels was such a terrible disaster, the corn growers are heavily subsidized and use vaslty too much fuel, you only get about a 10% return from corn biofuel iirc, where as using simple forms of grass in rotation etc cna be 70% efficient...but it's all about the "Pork barrel" and corproate interests/

the soil quality of the Western nations has plummeted over last 40 years, over use, too much chemicals, not enough rotation/fallow periods has lead to loss of humus, soils are becoming compacted, turning to clay.
    because folk are greedy.

Folk who screw with food production need the most drastic action done to them, sorry but it's basic and *genuine* national self defence. Terrorists are raving but mostly ineffectual kooks compared to what government/Big business/religion cna do
    and no, I'm not calling for "terrorism" I'm saying government should pass laws that "he who screws with food produciton wakes up to SEAL TEAM SIX in their face", as it's that damn serious.
    It's a long time since the Dustbowl, a long time since famines hit the USA, so it's hard to grasp how catastrophic they are for most people, they foolishly think famines are things that only occur in Africa
    go see Stalin/Lenin's Russia and Mao's China for what happens when the State's bullshit leads ot famines. it ain't pretty

Mutant weeds, immune to Roundup weedkiller
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19585341

5. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

Several years ago one small Eastern European country decided not to plant GM seeds within its borders until more is known about safety and ways to protect nearby crops etc. The American embassy stepped in and openly threatened with financial repercussions via IMF channels if the law gets passed. It was all out in the open, the bastards didn't even try to be subtle.

6. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    watch: www.geneticroulette.com

free streaming is over, but it's just $2.99 a view. a very sobering and informative documentary. all the way through the end credits.

7. Vincent

Vincent Senior Member

Baltimore, Maryland USA
    It's a potential genetic holocaust. I can't come to any other conclusion other than they want total market control over food, and therefore total control over all people. They decide who lives and who dies. Monsanto bought a company called Epicyte. Epicyte figured out how to genetically engineer corn with spermicide. It tells your immune system to attack sperm. Under current FDA regulations gmo's don't need to be labeled. Monsanto and company can now legally sterilize you and 99per of the people will have no idea how it happened, and no way to prove it either.

8. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    You can still see the full movie for free on YouTube:

See more popular forum discussions.