• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glandulars Brand

I'm looking to try some glandulars, but need help deciding on a brand. I have found that swanson has all the glandulars I am looking for cheaply. I'm looking specifically at the hypothalamus glandulars and notice that this one from nutricology http://www.iherb.com/Nutricology-Hy...&w=nutricology hypothalamus&rc=2&sr=null&ic=1 is much more expensive than this one from swanson http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-raw-hypothalamus-glandular-500-mg-30-caps.

If anyone has any experience with both of these hypothalamus glandulars or swanson glandulars in general, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know about their quality.

Thanks

ahmo

I used Nutricology hypothalamus, thymus, and for a time liver. Enzymatic Therapies adrenal glandulars, and Raw Pituitary pituitary glandulars. They were all very helpful.

@ahmo Thanks for sharing your experience. Were the glandulars part of recovery for you or were they mostly a band-aid for symptoms?

I'm pretty certain I have some sort of HPA-axis dysregulation which manifests itself in poor sleep, poor concentration, anxiety, depression, fluctuating energy, and gut motility issues. High dose methylation has put a significant dent in these issues, most notably appetite and depression, but they still remain. B2 has recently improved my food sensitivities to a large degree. My gut transit time is still too short and my stools tend to be fatty and contain bits of undigested food. I have all the signs of hypothyroidism except increase in weight and an inability to stay asleep suggests a problem with my adrenals. I'm hoping that the glandulars will not only ameliorate my symptoms but also contribute to long term recovery.

ahmo

Symptom relief. As my detox and methylation progressed, I no longer needed them but for 2 years, they were life-savers. I was a wreck when I began, very overwrought CNS. I got the idea for adrenals from Teitelbaum's formulation, then saw hypothalamus on the same page. Within a few hours of taking the first hypothalamus, I stopped hyperventilating everytime I went out into the heat, opened a hot car, hear power tools. I had a big toxic dump, which involved adrenals, a year+ ago, and from then didn't need them.