• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Give-blood ban 'proves ME is linked to virus'

urbantravels

disjecta membra
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/local/8683352.Give_blood_ban__proves_ME_is_linked_to_virus_/

Give-blood ban 'proves ME is linked to virus'

BANNING people with ME from giving blood proves the condition is linked to a virus, according to a campaigner.
Ian Logan, chairman of the Worcestershire ME support group, who has battled the condition for more than 20 years, said the decision to ban people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), also called chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), from giving blood was evidence there was concern that the condition was linked to a virus.

Health chiefs have denied that and said the decision was taken to protect people with ME rather than because of any infection risk from people receiving blood.

Mr Logan, aged 63, of Martley, has campaigned for 20 years to have medical professionals and other health bodies acknowledge that ME is not a psychological illness linked to depression but has a physical cause.

paddygirl

Great article, the Blood Service are really backing up a gangplank now. Pity that nice man in reading Jacob Teitlebaum though!:eek: