• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gingergrrl's Journey with Famvir

Gingergrrl

Part Two:

We stopped at a rest stop to use the bathroom and I walked too far and got the worst episode of shortness of breath and chest pain of my life (or at least since Sept when I went into the hospital.)

I know I overdid it and walked a lot on this trip and didn't rest after giving 20 vials of blood and I think it was a microvascular spasm. I have also been using magnesium oil by nebulizer or skin that was miraculously helping my shortness of breath but didn't bring it on the trip.

Anyway, we stopped half way and staying at a hotel so I could lay down and I called my doctor who said to elevate my feet and drink as much fluids as I can. I thought about going to the ER but he didn't think it was necessary (and they'd take more blood or try to give me saline which could be disastrous for me.)

I hope this trip didn't set me back to an all new low in my functioning. We should have stayed two nights at our hotel instead of trying to drive back all in the same day and I regret this now.

:aghhh::aghhh::aghhh:

Last edited:

zzz

@Gingergrrl, I'm so sorry this had to happen to you on your trip! It's hard not to overdo it on a trip, though, especially in your condition. At least you were able to reach your doctor who was able to give you his usual excellent advice.
I hope this trip didn't set me back to an all new low in my functioning.

I don't think you have to worry about that. You're bound to get some nasty PEM out of this, so please don't be surprised or worried tomorrow morning if you wake up and discover that the truck got you during the night. But if you continue your treatments and take good care of yourself, you should be able to minimize any temporary setback here. Just continue to drink as much fluids and electrolytes as you can, and be sure to get good nutrition. And above all,
Rest, @Gingergrrl, rest. Try not to stress too much.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Anyway, we stopped half way and staying at a hotel so I could lay down and I called my doctor who said to elevate my feet and drink as much fluids as I can.

I hope you feel better today and the rest of the trip goes well. Sorry this happened! When we pack for a short trip, with all the medical stuff we need to carry, it is far worse than packing for a trip with an infant!

Best wishes for a smooth journey home.

Sushi

NK17

I also hope that you were able to recuperate over the night and that today's drive will be as smooth as it can be.

We're so delicate and our aberrant physiological responses make it very difficult for us to travel.

Waiting to hear that you're safe back home and not totally crashed.

Gingergrrl

@NK17 @Sushi and @zzz thank you for all the support and I got back home earlier this evening. The entire trip back was brutal but it taught me several lessons on what to do differently next time.

I was able to rest as soon as we got home and now doing the magnesium nebulizer hoping it will help my shortness of breath which had improved but is now at an all time low :bang-head: :aghhh: :nervous:.