• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gijs Bleijenberg retires

Spring

Sometimes, in order to move forward, we have to wait until the old men die (or retire). One down and how many to go?

SOC: I dont think he's 'down' yet. I think he will harm us more during his retirement.

SilverbladeTE

@SOC: I dont think he's 'down' yet. I think he will harm us more during his retirement.

Retirement means he can say anything he likes without worrying about tenure, etc, so he could be really nasty if that is his bent
but
he will also lack the "clout" of his associations.

and hey one can always hope
he could more easily REPENT and apologize since he has less peer pressure.
But I won't hold my breath :p

why is it these older doctors etc are the ones who are the worst?
class, background, time period or what??

Valentijn

As a goodbye present, Bleijenberg gave us a Dutch guideline for CFS where his version of CBT/GET is the only option, medical examination is forbidden, and no care or social benefits will be provided if we don't accept this. All generously funded by the Dutch ministry of health.

Where does it specifically say those things? I glanced through the document at http://www.diliguide.nl/document/3435 but my Dutch isn't great.

SOC

@SOC: I dont think he's 'down' yet. I think he will harm us more during his retirement.

Argh! What!? Noooooooo! How? Can't he just retire quietly to the Riviera? Surely he has enough ill-gotten gains to do it..? [sobbing disconsolately]