• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GI Biofilm/ infection/heavy metals

end

My Doc has me methylating and killing gut bugs at the same time. He says methylation and the gut protocol will penetrate the biofilm. He said I did not have to detox metals as the methylation when it gets working, will pull out the metals. However I had already started a mercury detox 5 mths prior. It is a powder ( $140 lasts 2mths) I get from the homeopath containing

Chlorella
Spiralina
Ganaderama (reishi mushroom)
probiotics

I take a tab of this mix and add 1 litre of apple juice, add a knob of grated ginger or tumeric and a 1/4 cup of goji berries. I let this ferment for 2 days in the fridge. Then I drink 150 ml day. She gives me homeopath pills too.

I had a hair test done by Doctors data 4 mths after starting this mix and I am quite low in mercury.

The Doc has been treating Autism for 15 yrs......has had a great deal of success. Did the stool test to discover WHAT bugs to kill. I have to take Mutaflor every week. The die off has been incredible...nothing for 3 wks but now after 6 wks I am still copping it in one form or other. Charcoal rescued me big time today from such fatigue I thought I would die from it.
I am taking herbs too for the gut and another probiotic.

My Doc treats t anyone in any country for $100 an hour by email /phone.....$50 for Oz folk. He is not out ot make himself rich...very compassionate. He gets you to do the tests and then sends you the results by email and what he recommends you to take. He is great in that I can email him when I am in trouble like today and I get an answer FREE.....just a suburban guy. I am seeing the first ray of hope as last Sunday, a week ago, I vaccuumed for the first time in 12 yrs!!!!!!! I had to lay down a lot but I had ENERGY. Something must be working.

That view re biofilm treatment is very interesting. Susan u have a Pm :)

Lotus97

You might be interested to know that Dr. Kunin told me that he thinks that normal pancreatic digestive enzymes are capable of breaking down biofilm. As I posted on another thread, he also enlightened me to the fact that the secretion of digestive enzymes by the pancreas is dependent on methylation. Putting these two together would say that the methylation problem is what allows the biofilms to form, and it suggests that if methylation is fixed, maybe the biofilms will be broken down, perhaps restoring good gut function. I realize that I have made some leaps in logic here, but please just consider this an unproven hypothesis!

Rich
It's been 3 years since this post. Rich stated that this was an unproven hypothesis at the time regarding the role in methylation and he also quoted Dr. Kunin on the use of regular pancreatic digestive enzymes instead of the special (ie more expensive) enzymes specifically for breaking down the biofilm. Has there been any developments on this? I'm asking more about the enzymes than methylation aspect. For the last few years I've been taking the plain old Now Foods Super Enzymes that contain pancreatin (and ox bile extract:eek:). Bromelain was also mentioned in this thread although I read something recently about bromelain increasing gut permeability which might not be good for leaky gut.

Wayne

It's been 3 years since this post. Rich stated that this was an unproven hypothesis at the time regarding the role in methylation and he also quoted Dr. Kunin on the use of regular pancreatic digestive enzymes instead of the special (ie more expensive) enzymes specifically for breaking down the biofilm. Has there been any developments on this? I'm asking more about the enzymes than methylation aspect. For the last few years I've been taking the plain old Now Foods Super Enzymes that contain pancreatin (and ox bile extract:eek:). Bromelain was also mentioned in this thread although I read something recently about bromelain increasing gut permeability which might not be good for leaky gut.

Thanks for bringing this up Lotus. I also take NOW Foods Super Enzymes, along with NOW pancreatin. I've not thought in terms of taking them to break down biofilm, but I'm happy to know that this might be the case. Less expensive always works for me!

This sounds a bit similar to the "Kelly Cure", which uses pancreatic enzymes to digest cancers in the body. But I believe in order for this to work, the enzymes must be taken on an empty stomach, otherwise they will all be used up digesting food. So if a person were to do this with the specific intent of breaking down biofilms, I'm guessing it might work better if they're taken on an empty stomach.

Lotus97

Thanks for bringing this up Lotus. I also take NOW Foods Super Enzymes, along with NOW pancreatin. I've not thought in terms of taking them to break down biofilm, but I'm happy to know that this might be the case. Less expensive always works for me!

This sounds a bit similar to the "Kelly Cure", which uses pancreatic enzymes to digest cancers in the body. But I believe in order for this to work, the enzymes must be taken on an empty stomach, otherwise they will all be used up digesting food. So if a person were to do this with the specific intent of breaking down biofilms, I'm guessing it might work better if they're taken on an empty stomach.
That makes sense. I'm not so sure I'm ready to break up the biofilm just yet because I don't know what metals could be hiding in there. I take my enzymes with food so I guess they're probably just digesting the food.

Candex was mentioned in this thread I think. I read one or two customer review saying they got better results when they emptied the capsule into water.

DO NOT TAKE NOW FOODS SUPER ENZYMES ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!! I realize this is an old post but I'm posting this as a warning for anyone who is thinking of trying this. You could burn the bottom of your esophagus like I did and suffer continuous heartburn like pain for months. I tried these years ago and I took them at the end of a meal (the way I sometimes take vegetarian digestive enzymes if I forget to take them earlier) and that's what happened. Now when I take anything that has pepsin or betaine hcl in it (I think it could have been the pancreatin or the ox bile extract that did it though), I take them only in the middle of a meal with protein. If I'm not eating protein, I don't take them. Be very careful. If you want to take enzymes on an empty stomach for candida, you have to take the kinds that are in products such as Candex or Yst Management or Biofilm Defense. Those are fine to take on an empty stomach.

physicsstudent13

I was having severe GI problems with parasites and I took 2 weeks of albendazole+pyrantel and it cured me, maybe I had giardia and worms?