1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GI Biofilm/ infection/heavy metals

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by albellenfant, Jan 5, 2010.

1. end

end Senior Member

That view re biofilm treatment is very interesting. Susan u have a Pm :)

2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    It's been 3 years since this post. Rich stated that this was an unproven hypothesis at the time regarding the role in methylation and he also quoted Dr. Kunin on the use of regular pancreatic digestive enzymes instead of the special (ie more expensive) enzymes specifically for breaking down the biofilm. Has there been any developments on this? I'm asking more about the enzymes than methylation aspect. For the last few years I've been taking the plain old Now Foods Super Enzymes that contain pancreatin (and ox bile extract:eek:). Bromelain was also mentioned in this thread although I read something recently about bromelain increasing gut permeability which might not be good for leaky gut.

Wayne likes this.
  3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Thanks for bringing this up Lotus. I also take NOW Foods Super Enzymes, along with NOW pancreatin. I've not thought in terms of taking them to break down biofilm, but I'm happy to know that this might be the case. Less expensive always works for me!

This sounds a bit similar to the "Kelly Cure", which uses pancreatic enzymes to digest cancers in the body. But I believe in order for this to work, the enzymes must be taken on an empty stomach, otherwise they will all be used up digesting food. So if a person were to do this with the specific intent of breaking down biofilms, I'm guessing it might work better if they're taken on an empty stomach.

4. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    That makes sense. I'm not so sure I'm ready to break up the biofilm just yet because I don't know what metals could be hiding in there. I take my enzymes with food so I guess they're probably just digesting the food.

Candex was mentioned in this thread I think. I read one or two customer review saying they got better results when they emptied the capsule into water.

See more popular forum discussions.