• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ghee for leaky gut?

suzanne

I have been on the methyl b12 and methyl foalte protocol for 3 and 1/2 months and am hoping it might help my leaky gut- I have tried everything over he years, but it still shows up as a problem on my latest battery of tests.

my dr has suggested that I take ghee- i have never heard of that- anyone have any experience here?

I also still have streptoccus and candida...after so many treatments! As I am having a hard time on the m b12 protocol I am not inclined to add anythig more that makes me feel worse. UT my dr has encouraged me to start up again on good probiotics ( with rhamonus) and to try adding ghee.

I would be interested in anyones experience. I am sure suffering with worse itchy skin ( all over), burning skin, headaches and migraines and some nausea. Activated charcoal has made a small difference.

I just hope that the methyl b12 protocol helps the gut symptoms as I cannot imagine how many dollars worth of probiotics I have taken over the years without any inroads to gut health.

Any thoughts would be really welcome. I am sure my gut is a problem but it just neer seems to get any better after years of attention.

Valentijn

It's supposed to be a safe alternative to butter if you can't tolerate lactose, but I've never heard of it helping the gut heal, etc.