Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Getting the shakes

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by thefreeprisoner, Jan 9, 2010.

1. I am wondering if this is just me.

When I have used up my energy bank for the day, my body seems to tell me by giving me the shakes. Like when you're trying to hold up a book for a long time and your muscle is ready to give out, it starts trembling - I get that all over but particularly my upper body.

Does anybody else get this?

Rachel xx

Mel9 likes this.
  2. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member

Scotland
    I don't know if it is the same thing, but I am very disabled by abnormal movements, intention tremor and paroxsysmal dyskinesia. It seems to be a rare complication of ME. I also have dystonia.

Maybe more like you describe sometimes I just quiver. I think it is to do with lactic acid build up.

Twitching of the muscles is very common, sometimes you can watch stomach muscles bouncing :Retro smile:

I use baclofen which is a muscle relaxant. It has made my movements more manageable, and gabapentin has cut them down too.

Mithriel

3. Oh that's really made me feel better, reading your post - thank you.
    I see that what I call 'the shakes' are part of the clinical definition for 'ataxia' which I see everywhere as a physical symptom of ME.
    I am not going mad... hurrah!

Rachel xx

See more popular forum discussions.