• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting reliable tests

drob31

This is probably preaching to the choir, but during my search for adrenal saliva testing, I came across an article that mentions Chris Kresser's (famous ND) distrust of using certain providers for saliva tests. I thought this could apply to all tests though, as there are so many labs offering tests, and it seems results can vary significantly between two different labs. The question is, is there a particular lab your prefer or do not prefer for testing? I realize some are very specialized, so you may not have a choice.

This is the article:

http://scdlifestyle.com/2013/03/are-unreliable-lab-tests-stealing-your-money/

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Hair mineral testing labs are notoriously variable in quality. I (my dietician) prefer Trace Elements, Inc. I have also read that Analytical Research Labs is reliable. That is rather old information, so others may be doing a good job now.

Hair mineral testing labs are notoriously variable in quality. I (my dietician) prefer Trace Elements, Inc. I have also read that Analytical Research Labs is reliable. That is rather old information, so others may be doing a good job now.
What does saliva testing show you

how does that help?

My main problem is my muscles are all sore When I wake up it feels like I like I did a workout yesterday Even if I didn't do any exercise. And if I go for a run then I'm really sick