Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Getting Migraines Under Control with a Cefaly device

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by bertiedog, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Mine had almost completely gone as well with HC and antiviral treatments...but when I started the Mepron in Feb, they came back with a vengeance. And now it's *only* a couple a week, but it's still too much. Although headaches are a sign of babesia too, so who knows! I may have just stirred something up that will calm down again eventually.

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I just got back a test that could indicate Babesia. :(

Sushi

3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Oh no. I'm sorry. That has been a tough one for me to handle (and I didn't even have any of the typical symptoms). Let me know if you want to chat about treatment...

4. KelcieLe

KelcieLe

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

5. silverseas2014

silverseas2014

Southwest
    I have made a big note for the Cephaly device. Right now I am in the middle of trialling large doses of B2 (Riboflavin). I am taking 400mg to 600mg each day to prevent migraines. Up to this point, I haven't found anything effective but Imitrex which does stop them, but does funny things to my heart and breathing. I am hopeful about the Riboflavin, but if it does not work I have something to try next.

Thanks,
    Silverseas2014

vli likes this.
  6. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

I should report back that unfortunately the Cefaly stopped working for me after a month or so. I still use it when I have a migraine but cannot say it ever gets rid of it now but maybe helps a bit when I have taken painkillers including Imitrex. I also find that the replacement pads don't last very long however careful one is so it does work out to be rather expensive.

@silverseas2014 I have been taking 300 mg B2 daily for quite a number of years but it doesn't stop the migraines from starting unfortunately.

The most effective thing for stopping a run of migraines for me is still acupuncture with a local Chinese doctor who also does a very strong and painful massage after on my head, neck and shoulders. But even with regular acupuncture I still get at least one or 2 migraines a week, though they can vary enormously in how bad they are.

Pam

7. vli

vli

CA
    Hello. Just curious as to whether you've ever come across this place? https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?submit=submit
    I know it says 'cluster headaches' but pretty much everything they've said applies to me (a migraineur).

8. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    ww @vli, that's a cool forum. thanks for the link.

vli likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.