• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting Migraines Under Control with a Cefaly device

Ema

I used to have chronic, frequent migraines. They stopped completely when I did gut treatments.

Sushi
Mine had almost completely gone as well with HC and antiviral treatments...but when I started the Mepron in Feb, they came back with a vengeance. And now it's *only* a couple a week, but it's still too much. Although headaches are a sign of babesia too, so who knows! I may have just stirred something up that will calm down again eventually.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Mine had almost completely gone as well with HC and antiviral treatments...but when I started the Mepron in Feb, they came back with a vengeance. And now it's *only* a couple a week, but it's still too much. Although headaches are a sign of babesia too, so who knows! I may have just stirred something up that will calm down again eventually.

I just got back a test that could indicate Babesia. :(

Sushi

Ema

I just got back a test that could indicate Babesia. :(

Sushi
Oh no. I'm sorry. That has been a tough one for me to handle (and I didn't even have any of the typical symptoms). Let me know if you want to chat about treatment...

I have made a big note for the Cephaly device. Right now I am in the middle of trialling large doses of B2 (Riboflavin). I am taking 400mg to 600mg each day to prevent migraines. Up to this point, I haven't found anything effective but Imitrex which does stop them, but does funny things to my heart and breathing. I am hopeful about the Riboflavin, but if it does not work I have something to try next.

Thanks,
Silverseas2014

bertiedog

I should report back that unfortunately the Cefaly stopped working for me after a month or so. I still use it when I have a migraine but cannot say it ever gets rid of it now but maybe helps a bit when I have taken painkillers including Imitrex. I also find that the replacement pads don't last very long however careful one is so it does work out to be rather expensive.

@silverseas2014 I have been taking 300 mg B2 daily for quite a number of years but it doesn't stop the migraines from starting unfortunately.

The most effective thing for stopping a run of migraines for me is still acupuncture with a local Chinese doctor who also does a very strong and painful massage after on my head, neck and shoulders. But even with regular acupuncture I still get at least one or 2 migraines a week, though they can vary enormously in how bad they are.

Pam

vli

I have made a big note for the Cephaly device. Right now I am in the middle of trialling large doses of B2 (Riboflavin). I am taking 400mg to 600mg each day to prevent migraines. Up to this point, I haven't found anything effective but Imitrex which does stop them, but does funny things to my heart and breathing. I am hopeful about the Riboflavin, but if it does not work I have something to try next.
Hello. Just curious as to whether you've ever come across this place? https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?submit=submit
I know it says 'cluster headaches' but pretty much everything they've said applies to me (a migraineur).