• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting magnesium into cells

Hi I have a magnesium deficiency but magnesium pills don't help.
I also had a b6 deficiency and I'm supplementing that. I think my b6 levels are going up( symptoms improving) but I still keep having low mag symptoms. Are there other cofactors to get magnesium into the cells?

So sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I stumbled across your post history and I'm hoping a thread response might email you.

I got into a bad situation through overtraining/undereating that was greatly improved through very high caloric intake.

You're one of the few people I've found that has experienced the b2 / zinc / b6 / magnesium depletion and I see you got through it with p5p.

I have adrenal issues due to early waking caused by the training, and the early waking is keeping me very depressed / exhausted.

B6 is the key factor here but I haven't yet tried p5p.

I'd love to know the following:
- which brand p5p do you use (is it sublingual, enteric coated?)
- leading up to your depression success with p5p, what were you supplementing (the month or so before), also any special diets?
- how did you take your p5p, zinc and magnesium? What time of day, together, separate?
Anything else you can think of.

I'm in literally the exact same situation you were so I'm hopeful your thoughts will be of use to me!

I apologise to forum mods for opening an old thread, and if it gets deleted I accept that (though I hope it doesn't!). Gotta try :)

I'm conscious of the way I'm deteriorating because of early waking for nearly 2 years now so I'm trying to get as much advice as possible. I can pm my email if that's easier!