• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting information together to present to a UK doctor to import MAF 314.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi, ive been reading up on MAF314 and a bit on GcMAF - sounds good to me. However, like most people here in the UK i cant travel to Vienna for the course on making MAF314 or afford the high costs of doing this. I am wondering if anyone has approached one of the UK doctors or clinics (i'm thinking Dr Myhill mainly, but also perhaps Breakspear)

This could be a way forwards, especially as some do advise to have a Dr oversee you whilst on it. I would be happy to approach Dr's with a letter etc, but have no idea what info should be included in this, or if there are videos etc one could point out. Is anyone prepared to help with this? either by Pm me or posting on here?

All relevant ideas and info very appreciated. Surely there are enough of us in the UK who would want to try this to be able to put the pressure on a Dr who we could get interested?

All the best, Justy.

Daffodil

justy,..there are several videos by enlander and demeirleir where they talk about gcmaf (just search on google). also, if you go to pubmed and search gcmaf, there are a number of articles about the compound (they used it to get rid of cancer in rats and yamamoto says it works on HIV).

you could collect email addresses from CFS patients who have done well on it and tell your doctor to communicate with them. you could point your doctor to Dr. Jeff Bradstreet's website where there are a number of testimonials from parents of autistic children who have done very well on the gcmaf protocol.

it would help to have a doctor communicate with your doctor about his experience with gcmaf but unless you see a gc,af doctor, i am not sure how to make this happen.

i will pm you. DONT GIVE UP

best of luck
xoxoxo

justy

Hi Daffodil, all good suggestions, thanks.
I am thinking specifically of trying to set up supplying MAF yoghurt rather than chemical GcMAF for now. Seems safer and the sort of thing an ecological or naturopathic (medical) doctor might want to get involved in.
Cheers, Justy.

xrunner

Justy,

You may not have to travel to Vienna. If you get in touch with the doctor there and explain your situation you may have the starters and manual sent to you. As for the costs, if you find other people to share then it becomes more affordable (I'm sharing with other four people non-CFS).

Of course, if you could get a UK doctor on board that would be much better. That should be feasible and there shouldn't be particular concerns for a doctor (ref BMA and practice issues) as it's a probiotic yogurt. May be you could talk to your doctor (Dr M?) and ask her to get it for a trial or something like that.

The main thing to bear in mind is that preparing the yogurt requires some work, especially at the beginning when for e.g. I had to check and refer to the manual at every step. With practice, it gets easier and quicker but it was quite a long process when I started and the first few weeks i.e. washing jars and utensils, prepare the ingredients, checking temperatures etc.. (The first time I think it took me two-three hours).
Therefore, because of the physical work involved and depending on individual activity/recovery level, it may not be suitable for every one unless one can rely on others for help week in-week out, as it has to be cultured weekly.

Hope this helps.

ukxmrv

Justy, what would be ideal would be a UK doctor willing to do what Dr Enlander does. He supplies MAF878 to his patients and it appears to be already cultured and just needs a little time to develop (there was a post from one of his patients).

It would be easier maybe to get together a group of patients who wanted to share the costs of MAF production, get a volunteer to do the training remotely and then find a doctor to advise on coping with IRIS.

You could consider emailing Dr Enlander and ask him if he would be willing to share his MAF878 recfipe with the UK doctor as well.

You could also consider emailing Ruggerio and asking if he would be willing to set up a UK doctor with the means of producing the MAF314 if you can find one that would want to do this given the current hostile climate.

Just a few ideas. Hope it helps.

Good luck.

justy

More good ideas - thanks everyone.

Does anyone know the best site for information on MAF (scientific papers etc) so that i have something to send off to any doctors to read?
All the best, Justy.

clive powney

Justy,

I tried emailing Dr Enlander regarding MAF via the address from his clinics website but I got no reply whatsoever - It has been about 2 weeks now - has anyone goit a better contact - i have seen him post on this forum before

justy

This is good news! i'm going to e mail today to find out more info.
cost £70 per month - available in London and Europe.
E mail - Denlander@aol.com

anniekim

This is exciting. Does anyone know if you have to go to London to pick up the yoghurt starter or whether it can be posted and also i note that people taking Gcmaf by injection are finding they do better on very low doses. Can you also start the yoghurt on a very low dose? Many thanks

shannah

This is exciting. Does anyone know if you have to go to London to pick up the yoghurt starter or whether it can be posted and also i note that people taking Gcmaf by injection are finding they do better on very low doses. Can you also start the yoghurt on a very low dose? Many thanks

This is the reply I received to my inquiry which addresses some of your questions.

We now have available MAF 878 an oral probiotic MAF produced by a starter of "good" bacteria grown in a yoghurt medium.

No prescription is required .

The bacteria "starter' is added to yoghurt it needs to mature for five days before use .

It is too early to report results of the probiotic but early reaction seems favorable

The starter costs $125, 70 pounds or 86 euros per bottle plus postage (weight 250 grams, or 8 ozs) from London or from New York which ever is closest .

Payment through www.paypal.com account denlander@aol.com

Joy
Medical Assistant to Dr Enlander

www.enlander.com

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Think thats about the same cost as the 314. Does anyone know if the 314 needs colostrum adding to it which will bump up the cost of it.

froufox

Dr Enlander just posted some more info on facebook about MAF 878...he said that there isnt enough colostrum in the residue to make it replicate. Also that they are experimenting making MAF 878 with goats yoghurt.

shannah

They've made the MAF 878 available on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/maf-878-probiotic-/280894150772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4166989874

with this description

"MAF 878 probiotic starter kit, add to 3 quarts of yoghurt 1 quart kefir to make one months supply of MAF 878. Keep mixture at approx 80 degrees F for five days before use. After 10 days keep mixture in refrigerator
contains colostrum and selected probiotic bacterial mixture"

It's shipped in a medium flat rate box.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
add to 3 quarts of yoghurt 1 quart kefir to make one months supply of MAF 878
Thanks Shannah.
Is that 3 quarts of yoghurt *or* 1 quart kefir? Or are you supposed to use both yoghurt and kefir together?