May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Get a Ringside Seat for Invest in ME’s 10th International Conference on 29 May

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Sasha, May 27, 2015.

1. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

I feel so much relief that research is looking so much better for us. Can't thank these researchers enough for their determination and focus. It is all very encouraging. Thanks to all who reported from the conference, it was great. I think we all would have loved to have been there and to have heard the embargoed things - will have to have patience.

Sushi, mango, Battery Muncher and 4 others like this.
  2. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Thank you for the conference reports. Invest in ME are great.

Sean, mermaid, Sasha and 1 other person like this.
  3. Valerie Eliot Smith

Valerie Eliot Smith

London, UK
    This isn't going to help anyone with the science but I'm posting it because of my acknowledgment to PR for the tweets from the conference. The rest is mostly my personal observations from the day plus some links which aren't new but might be of use to some http://valerieeliotsmith.com/2015/06/04/science-versus-history-a-snapshot-of-invest-in-mes-10th-annual-conference/

Kyla, shannah, rosie26 and 4 others like this.
  4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    I want to order the DVD, but my bank won't let me order overseas without Special Permission...

Last time I tried to get it, they accidentally cancelled the card. :bang-head:

-J

aimossy likes this.
  5. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Can't you use paypall?

6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Kyla, Hutan, Bob and 1 other person like this.
  7. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Sasha likes this.
  8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just received an email update:

9. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

Great news.

I wonder if a downloadable version will be available that we could download straight off the website?

10. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    No, it won't be available as a download or streaming. Invest in ME never provide a web version of their videos. I'm not sure why. Placing all of their conferences for sale on Vimeo might bring in some extra income.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Battery Muncher and Sasha like this.
  11. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    That's a great idea - perhaps someone would email them and suggest it. Very win-win, I'd have thought.

Battery Muncher likes this.
  12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Really looking forward to getting my DVD!

mango likes this.
  13. RL_sparky

RL_sparky Senior Member

California
    So am I. I was just reading over Mark's excellent notes again about the conference. The only bummer with these DVDs will be the embargoed information that will be missing. Kind of like watching a movie and they cut the best parts out!
    Excerpt:

Professor Mady Hornig:“2015 seems to be the year, in which we’re seeing so much coming together, and so much synergy, across the globe really”

They’re planning a new follow-up microbiome study in association with the Chronic Fatigue Initiative (CFI).

Specifically, noted eotaxin: 33 times the level of controls in the patients they studied.

The embargoed content was the results of the metabolomics study, as Simon guessed. They’re still going through and analysing the results and trying to figure out what it all means. The one snippet she did let go looks to me like another important piece of the puzzle…but I’m not going to break the embargo on that…

Professor Jonas Bergquist:
    The embargoed info in this presentation concerns a fairly small study which hasn’t been published yet, but again looks to me like a significant piece of the puzzle.

rosie26, aimossy, Bob and 2 others like this.
  14. Research 1st

Research 1st Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.

Thanks for the update.

That's interesting to know as this paper from the WPI showed increased Eotaxin levels in CFS patients with inflammation, including glial activation markers.

Full PDF Link:
    http://iv.iiarjournals.org/content/25/3/307.full.pdf html

It would nice to have a test for Eotaxin, and to see if forum members can replicate this approx 33 times increase, you mentioned. I wonder if there is a test commercially?

15. RL_sparky

RL_sparky Senior Member

California
    I just did a brief search online and do not see a commercially available test. I'm sure will see one available if more patients exhibit these levels. I wonder if this is elevated in other disease groups?

16. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    I think the Eotaxin findings were in Spinal fluid, so this would not likely be available commercially.

17. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I don't really get what this eotaxin stuff is.

o_O

But @Jonathan Edwards - does this fit in with the autoimmune theory?

18. RL_sparky

RL_sparky Senior Member

California
    I didn't know that..Thanks

Kyla likes this.
  19. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Commercial assays clearly exist for eotaxin and other chemokines, but consumer labs like LabCorp and Quest don't seem to offer more than a handful of interleukin assays at this time.

20. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Revolting Peasant

Scotland
    There was a discussion about eotaxin earlier in the thread for a couple of pages. There's also a link to another thread contained in the first post.

See more popular forum discussions.