• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genova ION test - Amino Acids Issue

Hello everyone,

I've been following this site for quite some time because it contains loads of usefull information, especially on methylation. Today I hope I can get some help with one of my own issues. Some quick info on myself : I have unexplained health issues which started after a failed treatment in a hollstic clinic. The last year i've been trying to find out what is wrong with me, with little to no succes up till now. Only thing i found is that i am 1298C ++ and COMT 185VM ++ and missing the GSTM1 enzyme

A couple of months ago I had the Genova ION Profile test done. The results I got were really strange; almost all my amino acids were at the top of or outside range. I've enclosed my testresults for you to see. My doctor mentioned this could be due to methylation issues but didn't really pay all that much attention to it. (which i found really strange) Later some other people saw the testresults and all had the same reaction as I did. So I'm contemplating to redo this test to see if the results are really ''genuine results'' but before i can do that I'm trying to get one big question answered :

The clinic where I got this test gave me a Glutathione infusion one day prior to my blooddraw. I always suspected that this had the potential to influence my test results. I got reassured several times that this is not the case, but since this would be a massive blunder of the clinic, I can see why they would rather not tell me the truth. As you probably understand I'm a little bit hesistant to just outright believe them.

My questions to the people how are more knowledgeable on this subject:

1) is it possible that a glutathione IV one day prior to the blooddraw could result in such extreme testresults ?
2) how would you interpret these test results ?

Many many thanks in advance,

Best,
Mapache

Attachments

• ION Test - AminoAcids.jpg
    ION Test - AminoAcids.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

RUkiddingME

I also just received my Ion profile from Genova. So much information. The most shocking to me was that my copper level is though the roof! In the interpretive guide they only talk about low Copper levels, not high so I guess it's not seen often.

It's bizarre that your amino acids are mostly high and I don't have a single one in the high range. I have been sick for 7 years positive for EBV and HHV6 functioning at about 30% of normal. So hard to understand why each of us are so different...

Last edited:

jason30

Hello everyone,

I've been following this site for quite some time because it contains loads of usefull information, especially on methylation. Today I hope I can get some help with one of my own issues. Some quick info on myself : I have unexplained health issues which started after a failed treatment in a hollstic clinic. The last year i've been trying to find out what is wrong with me, with little to no succes up till now. Only thing i found is that i am 1298C ++ and COMT 185VM ++ and missing the GSTM1 enzyme

A couple of months ago I had the Genova ION Profile test done. The results I got were really strange; almost all my amino acids were at the top of or outside range. I've enclosed my testresults for you to see. My doctor mentioned this could be due to methylation issues but didn't really pay all that much attention to it. (which i found really strange) Later some other people saw the testresults and all had the same reaction as I did. So I'm contemplating to redo this test to see if the results are really ''genuine results'' but before i can do that I'm trying to get one big question answered :

The clinic where I got this test gave me a Glutathione infusion one day prior to my blooddraw. I always suspected that this had the potential to influence my test results. I got reassured several times that this is not the case, but since this would be a massive blunder of the clinic, I can see why they would rather not tell me the truth. As you probably understand I'm a little bit hesistant to just outright believe them.

My questions to the people how are more knowledgeable on this subject:

1) is it possible that a glutathione IV one day prior to the blooddraw could result in such extreme testresults ?
2) how would you interpret these test results ?

Many many thanks in advance,

Best,
Mapache

How can the GSTM1 enzyme be missing?