• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetics and MCS

OkRadLakPok

I wanted to post this in case someone may be helped. I recently was genetically tested at a hospital. Not mail order. I have terrible sensory issues dating back to when my mom had to get a shot when I was in utero and I was born preemie. Then at 14, silver fillings disabled me 100% (healthy gymnast to 65 pounds almost dead in 4 months......hardly a coincidence). Then I lived by a mine.....and on it went.

Sure enough, they found a huge genetic duplication over 8 genes, one of which is called PACSIN which codes for many things to do with neurons. This is the one they think is "clinically significant".

It is about 500 kbs if that means anything to you science peeps!

To me, I think it would have been a very good thing absent the environmental factors. I can memorize huge amounts of material and am sensitive in good ways. I feel that our toxic environment , and early hits, caused it to go crazy to protect me. It is a GOOD thing that was made bad.

Now I cannot even stand to be touched and meds all work opposite. I even woke up under anasthesia.

I am afraid because I had serveal teeth damaged in a wreck and have to choose between root canal or extraction and they are FRONT teeth.

I know I have to extract and htey are hrting so bad, but it will be very traumatic.

taniaaust1

I think its very interesting genes and sensitivities. I have the genotype which has been said by mold experts to be the worst reactors to mold. I also have a gene which makes me possibly reactive to one of the most used drug types which compose 25% or more of our drugs out there as we don't covert it properly or something. It made sense then why I started to react to so many which turns out are in this drug group

Studying my genotype stuff is currently too much for me currently otherwise I'd be looking this one up too.