1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Genetic (SNP) Influence onThyroid Function tests

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by roxie60, Aug 23, 2013.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Has anyone made progress identifying SNPs that can affect thryroid function tests? If o please post the gene, SNPs and risk alelles if you know them. I found this study that has attempted to determine the impact of some SNPs on thyroid tests which I find interesting, did not think that our genes might affect test results.

This thread can be a collection point for those interested in collecting SNP info as it relates to thyroid, or anything HPA axis/ endo related. My curiosity is due to the fact that for so many years my tests rarely seem to show anything of diagnostic value so I am starting to wonder if my genes maybe affecting th test results.

9781441914842-c2.pdf

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Not yet. But my sexy new rare allele program did show that I'm homozygous for a very rare allele which causes a missense mutation at rs10776792 on the TSHB gene (thyroid stimulating hormone) :cool:

No research into that one, unfortunately. My TSH tested at pretty normal levels: 2.250 with a reference range of 0.4 - 4.0. However, sometimes levels can be normal, if the substituted amino acid is not extra heat-sensitive, while the protein is still not functioning properly.

allyb likes this.
  3. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
  4. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    What is the rare/risk alelle for this SNP? Some research suggests TSH over 2.0 can leave a person feeling poorly.

Valentijn likes this.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    A

roxie60 likes this.
  6. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
  7. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA