Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Genetic Genie Results - Not Understanding the Interpretation Guide :(

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by BLUHEND, May 28, 2016.

1. BLUHEND

BLUHEND

I can see this is a frequently asked question but the odds of me being able to understand all this in this lifetime are slim ... I was hoping to not have to pay for a doctors appointment with a doctor that my insurance doesn't cover to get some interpretation on my methylation and detox reports. I will post them both below in the hopes that someone knowledgeable is feeling generous today and wants to give me the lowdown on this stuff :)

upload_2016-5-28_9-23-29.png

upload_2016-5-28_9-24-27.png

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Watch the Methylation Made Easy videos and then try the SNPs Interpretation Guide. See my signature link.

The main thing I'm seeing are a tendency towards low glutathione ( GSTP1) and oxidative stress (SOD2 +/+) on the detox report, a tendency towards mental health issues (COMT, MAO A, and MTHFR A1298C), and a tendency towards estrogen dominance (CYP1B1 and COMT).

3. BLUHEND

BLUHEND

THANKS for your summary, if I manage to understand better after reading and watching again will I be able to figure out what supplements to take or what other things I can do for the issues you described? It seems like I will have to read several books to even come close to knowing what to do

4. BLUHEND

BLUHEND

would you recommend running my 23andme through decodifyme or nutrahacker to figure out what I should be taking? or ... ?

5. BLUHEND

BLUHEND

here is what my nutrahacker report said, wondering if I can go by the avoid/encourage stuff??

upload_2016-5-28_18-48-18.png
    upload_2016-5-28_18-49-7.png
    upload_2016-5-28_18-49-33.png

6. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

The Nutrahacker report is pretty useless. They simply have no idea what they are talking about.

7. BLUHEND

BLUHEND

i was afraid of that, especially seeing the same supplement in both the encourage AND avoid sections lol

8. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Forgot to mention, if you want to get a particular person's attention on here, tag them like this @caledonia.

I think Nutrahacker is pretty useless as you get contradictory results.

9. AnxiousEd

AnxiousEd

California
    @caledonia

So where do you recommend one gets his supplementation regiment? I currently follow nutra hackers rec's as long as another snp doesn't say to avoid it.

10. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Ideally you would find a doctor who understands this stuff to help you with it. I have two methylation doctors lists in my signature link. Some of them will work remotely by phone or email.

Otherwise you have to spend a lot of time researching, getting functional testing to go along with the genetic testing to see what your body is actually doing, and then trying out various supplements until you arrive at something that works for you.

See more popular forum discussions.