The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Genetic Genie Results - am I missing any supplements?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by S374, Apr 26, 2016.

1. S374

S374

[​IMG]

Currently I'm taking
    • 5000 mcg methylcobalamin B12
    • 2000iu Vitamin D3 (and very occasionally getting a little sun, probably not enough)
    • 400mcg folate (off and on, I seem to get weird insomnia from it where i suddenly wake up at 4am on the dot and can't sleep at all for the next several hours - very consistent with taking it..not sure if I should just power through for a few weeks/months and hope it settles or what) I previously tried deplin at 15mg and felt REALLY good for maybe a day or two and then had to stop because of extreme insomnia. Also have a bizarre effect when I take it where my right ear's hearing practically goes out. Gets very muffled.
    • Armour to supplement for hypothyroid - but might not be related..could have been from radiation near my neck to treat nasopharyngeal cancer 10 years ago.
    My general issues
    • occasional depression
    • ADHD (doctor seems convinced i have it and I responded very well to stimulants but the possible long term effects are too scary to continue)
    • Memory sucks (words, names, conversations)
    • Quite clumsy / poor sense of surroundings
    Any general advice / supplement recommendations would be so appreciated. Feels like a never ending search for answers : /

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016

See more popular forum discussions.