• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetic Genie Results - am I missing any supplements?

kS7auCJ.png

Currently I'm taking
  • 5000 mcg methylcobalamin B12
  • 2000iu Vitamin D3 (and very occasionally getting a little sun, probably not enough)
  • 400mcg folate (off and on, I seem to get weird insomnia from it where i suddenly wake up at 4am on the dot and can't sleep at all for the next several hours - very consistent with taking it..not sure if I should just power through for a few weeks/months and hope it settles or what) I previously tried deplin at 15mg and felt REALLY good for maybe a day or two and then had to stop because of extreme insomnia. Also have a bizarre effect when I take it where my right ear's hearing practically goes out. Gets very muffled.
  • Armour to supplement for hypothyroid - but might not be related..could have been from radiation near my neck to treat nasopharyngeal cancer 10 years ago.
My general issues
  • occasional depression
  • ADHD (doctor seems convinced i have it and I responded very well to stimulants but the possible long term effects are too scary to continue)
  • Memory sucks (words, names, conversations)
  • Quite clumsy / poor sense of surroundings
Any general advice / supplement recommendations would be so appreciated. Feels like a never ending search for answers : /

Last edited: