• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Generic valganciclovir (Valcyte) now at US pharmacies

leokitten

Hi all,

Went to CVS pharmacy today to pick up my refill of Valcyte and now for the first time I am getting the Endo/Qualitest generic valganciclovir instead of the Genentech/Roche brand name Valcyte. So it's available now at all regular US pharmacies. I wanted to notify those of you who don't have insurance and couldn't buy Valcyte due to its exorbitant cost, surely the generic is less expensive.

I'm not sure what the pricing for generic valganciclovir is, I went to https://www.rxpricequotes.com/ to check but it's not there yet.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Went to CVS pharmacy today to pick up my refill of Valcyte and now for the first time I am getting the Endo/Qualitest generic valganciclovir instead of the Genentech/Roche brand name Valcyte.

Was your co-pay any lower? I wonder if they will be matching the price on the existing Indian generic Valcyte? @heapsreal recently posted that this was about $6 per tab, though I don't know how many mgs it was.

Sushi

leokitten

Was your co-pay any lower? I wonder if they will be matching the price on the existing Indian generic Valcyte?

The co-pay is the same, but the co-pay is unfortunately not a good indicator here because each refill I get is 3 months worth, so even a lower tier drug would still likely cost the highest co-pay tier.