The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Generic valganciclovir (Valcyte) now at US pharmacies

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by leokitten, Dec 18, 2014.

1. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member

Maryland
    Hi all,

Went to CVS pharmacy today to pick up my refill of Valcyte and now for the first time I am getting the Endo/Qualitest generic valganciclovir instead of the Genentech/Roche brand name Valcyte. So it's available now at all regular US pharmacies. I wanted to notify those of you who don't have insurance and couldn't buy Valcyte due to its exorbitant cost, surely the generic is less expensive.

I'm not sure what the pricing for generic valganciclovir is, I went to https://www.rxpricequotes.com/ to check but it's not there yet.

2. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Was your co-pay any lower? I wonder if they will be matching the price on the existing Indian generic Valcyte? @heapsreal recently posted that this was about $6 per tab, though I don't know how many mgs it was.

Sushi

heapsreal likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    @Sushi The one @heapsreal mentioned is 450 mgs. 4 tablets (Cipla) are $24.14

heapsreal and Sushi like this.
  4. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member

Maryland
    The co-pay is the same, but the co-pay is unfortunately not a good indicator here because each refill I get is 3 months worth, so even a lower tier drug would still likely cost the highest co-pay tier.

Sushi likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.